Messaging is undoubtedly the most used form of communication these days. Most people are inclined towards messaging rather than making a phone call. Messaging, at times, doesn’t convey the message clearly.
In this case, many people opt for a voice message so they can convey their exact thoughts without making a phone call. Many people receive important messages which they want to save but do not know to do it on their iPhones. This article will explain to you the method of saving voice messages so you can use them for future reference.
Luckily, there are two very simple ways that can help you in saving audio messages. These methods may sound a bit difficult and time-consuming while reading, but rest assured, once you learn them you will be able to do it quite quickly. Here is what you need to do.
Save the Audio Message on Your iPhone as a Voice Memo
1. First, you need to go to the Messages app.
2. Now open the conversation that contains the audio file.
3. Tap-hold on the audio file that you have received. Doing this will prompt a menu that contains the option Save. Tap on this option and your audio message will be saved.
4. Now head to the Voice Memos app on your iPhone and that is where you will be able to find your saved audio message. Pretty simple and straightforward, wasn’t it?
Tweak the Settings:
You may not be aware of the fact that the audio messages in the iPhone Message app automatically expires after 2 minutes. This is due to the default settings on your iPhone. Well, the best thing about Apple is that the iOS system allows for flexibility.
It doesn’t shove anything down your throat forcefully and you can change so many settings if you do not like them. Likewise, a little tweaking in the settings can help you save an audio message permanently within the thread. Here is what you need to do.
1. Go to the Settings on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and locate the option Messages.
3. Now scroll down and locate the option Expire under the Section Audio Messages. Tap on this option.
4. By default, it is set to After 2 Minutes. You can read the little description on the screen to develop an understanding of what it is about. However, all you need to do is to enable the option Never, and you can do it by simply tapping on it.
5. When the option Never is enabled, your audio messages won’t get deleted automatically after you read it. Technically, it will remain saved in the thread which exists in Messages app on the iPhone.
So, as you have seen, saving an audio message couldn’t get any simpler. You won’t need to save it manually if your Messages’ app settings are tweaked. Apart from these two methods, you can also get third-party tools that can help you in saving audio messages on your computer, iTunes, iCloud and whatnot. However, it is recommended that you keep it simple and use the methods mentioned above to save audio messages on your iPhone.