Doing a factory reset on your iPhone is something that you would normally do if you’re trying to fix a major issue. You’d also need to perform the factory reset if you are thinking to sell or give the device to someone. For those who have performed the factory reset know how simple the process is.
All you need to know is your iPhone’ passcode and Apple ID and its password. Now, the question arises that what if you forget your Apple ID password? Would it still be possible for you to reset your iPhone? The answer to this question is yes, you can reset the iPhone without an Apple ID, and this article will explain to you the ways to how to do it.
Resetting the iPhone using iTunes:
Apple users know how vital iTunes is when it comes to troubleshooting and data transferring in their device. Just like that, if you are unable to reset the iPhone due to Apple ID issues then you will need iTunes at your disposal.
It is worth mentioning that if you have never synchronized your device with iTunes or you have the Find My iPhone feature turned off then you may have to reset the iPhone (via iTunes) in recovery mode. Remember, resetting the iPhone will erase all the data on your iPhone so you should consider making a backup before pursuing it. Here are the steps you need to follow.
1. Launch the iTunes on your PC/laptop. Once it is opened check for any pending updates. If there is any update available then update iTunes to its latest version for a smooth process.
2. Connect your iPhone to your computer using the original charging cable.
3. Now you will need to put your iPhone into the recovery mode. Perform the force restart on your iPhone while it is connected to iTunes. Doing this will put your iPhone into the recovery mode.
4. Once the iPhone is in recovery mode, iTunes will display a pop-up message saying that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
5. Hit Ok on the popup and then go to the Summary tab.
6. Now hit the option Restore iPhone. Confirm your action by clicking Restore on the next pop-up.
7. Now just let the process finish. Once it is completed, your iPhone would be restored to the factory settings without the Apple ID password. Once ready, recover the data on your iPhone and start using it normally.
Reset Apple ID’ Password:
As you have seen that both the methods mentioned above have their own downsides. So, instead of going for these methods, users can reset their Apple ID’ password as it is quite simple and requires just a few minutes. Once the password is reset, you can simply reset the iPhone following the usual protocol. Here is how to reset the password.
1. Go to the Apple ID page using the web browser on your iPhone or laptop.
2. Now you will be able to see the option Forgotten your Apple ID or password.
3. Now you just need to follow the on-screen instructions and you will be able to reset the password.
4. This method can also help you with your Apple ID if you have forgotten both the ID and the password.
5. Once the password is reset, head to the settings and reset the iPhone as you would normally do.
As you have read that resetting an iPhone without an Apple ID is still possible. Sure, it is not straightforward or free (online portal), but you will be able to do it. However, if you have only forgotten the password then you should consider resetting the password so you can reset the iPhone hassle-free.