Everyone interacts with images and photos on a daily basis. Whether you’re taking photos, making art, or just looking at some images, you’re probably aware of the critique and analysis you do while you observe them. This analysis is even more important if you’re looking at images or photos for a job. While there are many image editing software options available, there is one software that consistently seems to be the most popular. Photoshop is frequently people’s favorite editing tool and it’s high on the list for popularity for a reason.
What is Photoshop
Photoshop is one of the best tools to use for artists, developers, and designers, and anyone doing a creative activity. Photoshop is a software app you can use for creating, editing, and enhancing images, whether they be art, illustrations, or photos. You can do many useful things, such as editing backgrounds, retouching photos, and adding effects. There are a few different versions of Photoshop that you can choose from, and all of them can be used for different things. It’s used for removing objects found in images. Here is how you remove objects that you don’t want from images that you have opened in Photoshop.
How to Remove Objects in Photoshop
Luckily, you don’t need a lot of experience with Photoshop to remove an image. You can’t just remove the item, however, and expect the image to look fine, so there are still some steps
1. First, copy your image so that you have the original available in case you make a mistake. In Photoshop, click on “File” in the upper left corner of the screen. On the menu that appears, select “Save as copy” from the menu to ensure you work on the backup but keep the original.
2. On the left side of the screen, there’s a toolbar with a few options. Click on the 2nd option, which is an icon that looks like a dotted rectangle. This is the Quick Selection option. If you don’t see it, clicking on the magic wand should make it appear.
3. Now that you’ve selected the selection tool, you’ll need to drag it over the object you want to delete. It’ll select the item for you, so you don’t have to worry about dragging the tool over every piece of the object. You’ll need to make sure that the rectangle is around every part of the object you want to delete. If you want the brush to be more precise use the two bracket keys on your keyboard ( [ and ] ) to make the brush smaller.
4. Once the item is selected, hit the “Delete” key on your keyboard. The object will disappear.
If your object is too complex to erase using Quick Selection, then you’ll need to use the Lasso Tools or the Pen Tool. The Pen Tool looks like a fountain pen icon and the Lasso Tool has a lasso icon. These require more selection on your part, but it is more accurate. You can also just repeatedly do the Quick selection option.
How to Fix Background after you Delete Item
Now you have to use the Patch Tool to fix the background of your image. You might still see an uneven background and you can replace that unevenness to make the image better. Here’s what you have to do.
1. On the left side of the screen, there’s a toolbar with a few options. Click on the 2nd option, which is an icon that looks like a dotted rectangle. This is the Quick Selection option. If you don’t see it, clicking on the magic wand should make it appear.
2. Click on the patch icon.
3. Draw around the area you want to use as a patch.
4. Drag that area over to the part that you want to cover and release.
Now, the area will be covered. Repeat that last step until the entire area is covered with the patch you need.
Now, you’ll have removed the object from the image and you’ll have a perfectly normal background where that image used to be.