There shouldn’t be any doubt that laptops are a massive upgrade to good old desktop computers. Using a laptop allows you the portability and you do not have to be glued to the same place for hours. While there are many advantages to owning a laptop, there a few disadvantages too.
One of the main disadvantages is the screen size. For instance, if you want to stream your favorite sports, you won’t enjoy it much on a small screen. Well, you can always mirror your laptop on a wider TV screen. This article will explain to you how to mirror your laptop on a Samsung TV.
Samsung Smart View:
If you do not like the mess of wired connections and prefer to connect devices wirelessly then you shouldn’t be looking beyond the Samsung Smart View. It is an application that enables users to connect wirelessly their computer or phone to the TV. Once the connection is established, you can stream all the content (live or stored) from your laptop to Samsung TV. One of the best features of Samsung Smart view is that it is capable of reading the subtitles which allows you to watch videos in a different language and put a subtitle on it.
This feature is currently supported by Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. Another brilliant thing about this method is that it is a pretty straightforward method and anyone can do it. There are no technicalities involved, and it just takes a few minutes to establish the connection between two devices. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
1. Download and Install Samsung View App and launch it.
2. Now switch on your TV and make sure that both the devices (TV and laptop) are connected to the same Wi-Fi connection. To ensure that, go to the menu of your TV and select the option Network and check the Network status to ensure that it is connected to the same Wi-Fi as of the laptop.
3. On the app (on your TV), choose the option Connect to TV and then select your TV from available devices.
4. Once you hit that option, a PIN code will appear on the TV screen. You will need to quote that PIN code on the app and then hit the option OK.
5. To add content you want to stream, click the option +Add Content and import the files of your choice. Once done, press the Play button.
This is how easy it is to mirror the laptop on Samsung TV. This process will hardly take you 10 minutes and you will be able to enjoy your favorite match, movie, or TV shows on a widescreen TV.
You may have heard a lot about the Chromecast. Chromecast is another way to display your PC on the TV. This is a plug-in device that can turn your devices into a receiver. One of the biggest reason why Chromecast is popular among the masses is its compatibility with various devices, i.e. iPhone, Android, Mac, Windows, and Chromebook. You can use Chromecast to mirror your laptop on Samsung TV as well. First, you will need to buy this small dongle from a nearby store and then you will need to follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Unpack the dongle and carefully read all the instructions so you can set it up properly. All you need to do is to plug it to your TV and power outlet to enable.
2. Next, launch the Google Chrome on your laptop and check if you are using the latest version of Google Chrome. If you are not using the latest version then you will need to update it to the latest version as it is a mandatory requirement.
3. Once updated or if you are already using the latest version of Chrome, hit the three dots icon on the top-right of the screen to prompt the drop-down menu. From the list of available options, click on the option Cast.
4. From the new window, drop-down “Cast to” and choose between “Cast tab” and “Cast desktop”.
5. Once done, click the cast icon at the top right side of your screen and hit “Stop” to screen mirror PC to Samsung Smart TV.
Just like Smart View, Chromecast also provides an easy way to mirror your laptop to Samsung TV. However, on the downside of the things, Chromecast has its limitations too. You would think that it is a paid option so it must be better than the aforementioned method. Sadly, that is not the case as there are many aspects that you won’t like about the Chromecast.
For example, this dongle cannot work alone and requires you to plug in a power source. This aspect may not be liked by those who hate wired connections. Additionally, the quality of videos mirrored through the Chromecast is compromised as well. The difference may not be too evident, but the difference is a difference after all. It also does not support 4K viewing though this resolution has been popular for quite some time on televisions.
Mirroring laptop to Samsung TV is easy as it could get. You have just read two of the simplest methods to do so. You haven’t read any disadvantages for the first method, but there could be some disadvantages that are not under the light as yet. Conversely, you have read a few disadvantages of Chromecast which may have put you off.
Just to clarify, Chromecast is great overall and these little disadvantages shouldn’t put you off. It is worth your money and a great way to mirror your laptop to Samsung TV. Samsung Smart View app is certainly a better option, but it edges Chromecast marginally. Try both these methods and then finalize the one that fits your preference.