You might be avoiding cleaning out your Yahoo! inbox because you don’t want to delete a single Yahoo email one at a time. Luckily for you, Yahoo! has the option to mass delete your Yahoo emails with a few clicks of your mouse or a few taps on your mobile device.
Mass Delete Yahoo! Emails via Mobile App
1. Find and open the Yahoo Mail app.
2. Sign into Yahoo Mail by tapping Sign in with Yahoo and use your Yahoo! account if you aren’t already logged in.
3. After you’re redirected to your Inbox, tap the “hamburger” menu icon in the top left corner of the screen on the same line as the search bar. A menu panel will open from the left hand side.
4. Near the very top of the menu panel, choose Settings.
5. In the Settings menu, make your way down–by scrolling–until you come to Show checkboxes. With the slider to the right of it, move the slider to the right. It will turn blue, indicating that it has been enabled.
Now, head back to your Inbox by tapping the arrow in the top left corner of the screen. You’ll see now that every email has a box next to it.
6. To mass delete your Yahoo! emails, tap the box next to each email to stamp a checkmark into it, indicating that it will be deleted when the time comes. Once you’ve selected all of the emails you want to delete, select Delete, located at the bottom left corner of the screen–the trashcan icon. This doesn’t delete them entirely, but moves them to the Trash tab.
7. To delete the emails completely, select menu icon in the top left corner of the screen on the same line as the search bar. In the menu panel, scroll down to Trash and select it.
8. Select the emails again by stamping a checkmark in the box and select Delete one last time and, when prompted, choose DELETE to confirm the deletion.
Mass Delete Yahoo! Emails via PC
Mass deleting Yahoo! emails from Yahoo!’s own website is far more easier than using the mobile app, and it also has the added benefit of potentially clearing out your entire inbox with one click.
1. Open up your preferred web browser and head on over to Yahoo!’s website. If you aren’t already signed in, click Sign In at the top right corner of the page. Use your Yahoo! email credentials to log in.
2. After you’re redirected to your Inbox, you can start deleting emails immediately by clicking on the box next to each email. Doing so will drop a checkmark in the box. When you’ve selected all the emails you want to mass delete, click Delete at the top of your Inbox, which is accompanied by a trashcan.
3. However, if you want to mass delete pages, look to the top of your Inbox. Find Archive. Now look directly to the left of Archive and you’ll see another box like the one found by your emails. Click on the small arrow. It will open a drop down menu.
4. In the drop down menu, decide on the kind of emails you want to delete. Do you have a bunch of emails you read, but want to throw out? Click Read. It will select every email that has been read on that page. Afterwards, click Delete.
5. If you want to mass delete ALL Yahoo emails, choose All from the drop down menu, then click Delete.
6. Now, before the emails are entirely deleted, you have to click Trash in the left hand column. Finally, click on Select All, the box used in the previous three steps, then click Delete. When prompted, confirm the deletion by clicking OK.