Mapping your Android as a network drive is a simple process. A network drive is a virtual drive that you can use to store data. The drive acts as a server for only the personal area connection, and it’s what’s visited whenever data is stored or retrieved. There are unique benefits from Android mapping.
One benefits is the quicker and more reliable transfer of data since the network drive means that the process can be accessed in any place. The Android storage is also rewritable which means that the same place can be used for an extended period of time. Here’s how you can map your Android as a network drive to use in the future.
Mapping your Android as a Network Drive
There are multiple third- party apps that you can use to complete this process and there isn’t one set program that you should use. What you need is WebDAV server link, which can link the Android storage with your PC, or an IP address. Make sure that both devices are on the same Wi- Fi connection for the mapping to occur.
1. Launch the Google Play Store on your Android device. The app icon is a multicolored sideways triangle.
2. Use the search bar at the top of the home screen of the play store by tapping it. Use the keyboard to type in WebDAV server. The app should appear.
3. Select the green “Install” button to download the app.
4. Once the app downloads, launch it. When you initially launch the app, you’ll have to give it all the permissions it needs to run correctly. You’ll only have to do this once.
5. On the home screen of the app, you’ll see a red button. Tap that button to start the server.
6. An IP Address should be on the screen. This address will be used to connect to your PC. This is important.
7. Open the app “This PC” or “My Computer” on your PC. You might need to use the search bar in the task bar to locate this app.
8. At the top of the screen, you’ll see an option that says “Map Network Drive.” Click this option.
9. A box will appear in the middle of the screen. In the box, select a drive letter and type in the IP address that the server gave you.
10. Click the Finish option in the right corner of the box.
Your Android storage will now be connected to your PC storage.