On your iPhone, you can connect your headphones and listen to music and watch videos. Depending on the headphones you have, you’ll only be able to hear a certain amount of volume until you’ve reached your max. Some headphones provide a lot more decibels so you can hear more sound while others provide a lower amount so you’re unable to hear that much.
Luckily, on your iPhone or iPad, you can make your headphones louder using a few methods. This will allow you to hear more sound if your headphones aren’t loud enough. This is useful if you’re in a noisy environment and you can hear that much, knowing ways to increase the volume will be helpful.
1. Swipe up from the upper-right corner of the screen. If you’re on older iPhone devices with home buttons, then you can swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring up the control center.
2. Drag the volume bar up. This is the bar on the right side of the screen, and it allows you to change the volume. You can also do this by pressing the volume button on your iPhone. They do the same thing but using the volume button is much quicker.
Change Volume Limit
On your iPhone or iPad, there are volume limits that you could have imposed your self and forgotten you’ve ever done it. If this is the case, then you can remove the limit.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Scroll down to Music.
3. Select Volume Limit.
4. Drag the bar all the way to the right. If you’re in the EU, toggle Off EU volume limit.
Change EQ Settings
Another way to make your volume louder is by changing the EQ settings and choosing one that makes your music sound louder. For most people, this will be the only way they can make their headphones louder if they didn’t impose a volume limit.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap on Music.
3. Tap on EQ under Playback.
4. Select Late Night. This equalizer gives the effect that your headphones are louder. You’ll notice this, especially in quiet environments.