You’re probably familiar with what a poll is, and you’ve probably seen it on social media. A poll on social media is when you are asked to vote on a question. There are usually a few answers presented to you, and all you have to do is that the answer that you think is the right one.
Usually these polls are posted so that they can help the person make a decision. Sometimes, their serious and the person wants feedback, but other times they may be just a silly way that they chose to engage the people who follow them. Facebook was one of the first social media sites that added polls and users loved that they were easy to post.
Twitter and Instagram later added polls that their users loved, and this feature is still readily used today. Snapchat has yet to add a poll feature, but there’s an easy way to add polls to the stories that you post.
1. Launch Google Play or the App Store and download “LMK: Anonymous Polls for Snapchat.” You can search for it using the search bar at the top of the screen. The icon is a white extended arm against a yellow background.
2. Once you download it, launch the app that you just downloaded.
3. Once you open the app, you’ll see a white screen with a yellow “Login to Snapchat” button at the bottom center of the screen. Tap this button. You won’t have to enter you’re username and password if you’re already logged into the Snapchat app on your device.
4. Once the app connects to your Snapchat app and it will take you to the screen shown above. To make a poll, you have to press the yellow “New Sticker” button at the bottom of the screen.
5. When you tap that, you’ll see the template for the poll that you’re going to create. You can tap on the question and type the question that you want to be displayed on the screen.
6. Tap each of the grey boxes to alter them with the answer to the question that you want. If it’s a yes and np question, then you can put that in the grey boxes. If it requires three answers, then all you have to do is tap on the third box. There are only spaces for three answers, so choose wisely.
7. Once you’re done making your poll, you can tap the yellow “Share” button at the bottom of the screen. This will launch the Snapchat app.
8. When the Snapchat app is launched, you’ll have to take a picture for the poll to be on. You should see the poll in the middle of the screen until you take the picture by pressing the circle button at the bottom center of the screen.
9. When you tap the circle button and take the picture, you’ll see the poll on the screen and you can move it if you’d like. You can add drawings or stickers to the screen and manipulate it in anyway that you would a normal Snap that doesn’t contain a poll.
You’ll see the results of the poll, but you wont see who has answered. This allows your friends to give honest feedback. If you want an app where you want users to generate their own messages, then you have to download an app called Yolo. Yolo is an app where you type the question and post the sticker on your story. This app works the same as LMK, but users can tap the sticker and send you an answer they typed themselves.
You can even post on your story and respond to the replies that you got. This works more with a link that people slide up on while it’s on your story. You may have seen this done by others. This is a simple app that works the same as LMK, but it just gives you a different way to get answers to your polls.