On your Windows PC, you can make it more personal by customizing the background. The background can consist of a picture or a present wallpaper that has been provided by Microsoft. Each time you open your PC and bypass the lock screen with your password, you’ll be able to see the wallpaper or lock screen that you’ve set. These can be of a beautiful scenery, or just a motivational quite reminding you of something.
When you decide to set a picture as your wallpaper, you’re probably not thinking about the aspect ratio of your screen. If you’ve ever set a picture and you’re not satisfied with the crop that Windows provides you, then you can crop the image your self so that you can keep the best parts.
On your Windows 10 PC, there’s software that will allow you to open a photo and crop it how you like.
Note: You’ll need to make sure that the photo that you choose is similar to the dimensions of your display so that there isn’t a massive change when it comes to cropping the photos.
1. Open the Photos app and select the picture that you want to make fit the locks screen.
2. Go to Edit & Create > Edit.
3. Select Aspect Ratio > Widescreen.
4. Select the image and drag it so that the box captures the parts of the image that you want as your lock screen.
5. Select Save a Copy. The image that you’ve just created using the cropped tool will be saved as a new image still leaving the original in your PC. From here, you’ll be able to set the new picture as your lock screen.
6. Select the ellipses in the upper-right corner of the screen > Set as > Set as Lock Screen. This image will now be able to fit your lock screen.