So many people own gaming consoles. Oftentimes, people choose gaming consoles based on the games that they play or the capabilities that they want to have in a console. One of the most popular gaming consoles is the Playstation. Playstation is on its 4th console, but many still keep the older consoles for the games that come on them.
The Playstation 3 is still a very popular console despite the creation of a 4th console and it has sold over 47 million consoles worldwide. It’s popular since you can do more than just play games. Once you have a Playstation, one of the most convenient things that you can do is create accounts.
What are Accounts?
There are two types of accounts that you can have on Playstation: a Master Account or a Sub Account. Sub accounts are created for users who are under 18 years old and they must be created under a Master account since their activities can be monitored. The account can be updated when the account holder becomes of age, but until then, the Master account is in charge of the Sub account.
A Master account is the standard account and it must be registered for holders who are 18 years and older. These accounts can adjust the parental controls and impose spending limits on the sub accounts. You can have a total of 6 sub accounts in association with one Master accounts.
Setting Up a Master Account
1. On the PS3 main menu, there’s the Playstation Network icon. It’s a purple icon with the Playstation logo in the middle of it. A menu will appear.
2. Select the “Sign up for Playstation Network” option. Make sure that you aren’t signed into another account because if you are, then you’ll see a sign in option instead.
3. On the screen, select “Create New Account” and you’ll be navigated to where you can enter all your information. You’ll have to enter your name, address, email, date of birth, and an username.
4. On the next screen, you’ll have to read the personal information collection treatment in the language that you speak. At the bottom of the screen, select “Accept” so that you can create the account.
5. Register a password for your account. You should select the box to the left of the Save Password option because otherwise every time you want to use this account to play a game, you’ll have to enter your password.
6. Enter an online ID when prompted to. Others will see this ID online, and it needs to be 3 to 16 characters long. You can add letters, numbers, or even special characters, but make it something that you can remember. You cant change this once you make it, so make sure that you’re fine with having it for a long time. If someone has already had the ID, then you’ll get a message that lets you known that you cannot use that ID.
7. You’ll have to select boxes for what kind of information that you want to receive in your email from Sony. You don’t have to check the boxes if you don’t want to receive any information from Sony.
8. In the next screen, you’ll have to review the information and make sure that it’s correct. To the right of every piece of information is an “edit” button that you can select if you find a mistake. Select “Confirm” at the bottom of the screen once you see that all the information is correct.
Now, you’ll have your Master account all set up and you can set up payment methods and set parental controls for any sub accounts.