But what happens when you want to request money from a friend you saw last weekend and the app doesn’t let you. Is there a chance you could have been blocked on Venmo?
Blocking someone isn’t limited to social media though and can happen across many platforms including money-sending apps such as Venmo. But how can you actually know if someone has blocked you on Venmo?
There are a few ways you can see if you’ve been blocked and they are listed below so you can find out if you’ve been blocked by a fellow friend on Venmo.
How to Know If You’re Blocked on Venmo
1. Check If Your Messages Deliver to Them
1. First of all, if you want to check if you have been blocked by a user on Venmo, you should try to check if your messages do in fact deliver to them. This is one of the easiest and most simple ways to check if you have been blocked.
2. Simply go ahead and try to send a message to another user that you believe has blocked you. In order to see if that user has blocked you, the delivery of the message will be important in order to confirm if you have been blocked.
3. Go ahead and send the message. If the message to the user you believe has blocked you is delivered and sent, then congratulations, you have not been blocked.
However, if the case is the opposite and the message results in an error and the system does not let you send a message and fails to deliver it, there are very high chances that the user you are trying to contact has either deleted their Venmo account or they have in fact blocked you on Venmo.
2. They Can’t Send or Request Payments To and From You
If this first method of checking whether a user has blocked you on Venmo is not enough to confirm whether you have actually been blocked, then you can go ahead and try the rest of the methods out there to verify if you have been blocked.
The second method that we will go into detail to see if you have been blocked by another user on Venmo is checking if you can send and request payments to and from you.
This is one of the most accurate ways to check if you have been blocked since one of the main features of Venmo is giving the users of the app the ability to send and request money to their contacts.
However, if someone blocks you, that ability is eliminated. Follow the following steps in order to see whether sending or requesting payments will verify if you have been blocked. Start off by heading over to your Venmo app on your phone.
1. Once the app is opened on your phone, make sure to log into your account and make sure to be using the account on which you believe you have been blocked from another user.
2. Once you are fully logged into your account on Venmo, go ahead and locate the blue button on the app home page that says “ Pay or Request”. After you located this blue button for making payments or requests start typing the name of the user that you believe has blocked you.
3. Once you begin typing the name of the user that may have blocked you, it is important to note the following.
If the person was in your contacts previously and you have interacted with them before but now no longer shows up as you type their name in the Pay or Request button, then there is a very high chance that that user has either deleted their Venmo account or that the user has blocked you in the app.
If during this you are not sure if you previously had the contact in your contact list, there is another way to verify whether they actually deleted their account or if they indeed block you on Venmo.
3. Use Another Venmo Account and Search For Them
If you followed the second step and tried to make a payment or payment request on Venmo to a user that you believe has blocked you but whose name is not appearing in your contacts, you may want to verify if the user blocked you or if they simply completely deleted their Venmo account and they can no longer be found by anybody.
The following method also works if you do not remember if that user was previously in your contacts list.
Go ahead and follow the same steps as before. Start by locating the blue “Pay or request” button. Once there, start typing the name of the user you suspected has blocked you. Click on “See more results…”.
Because the user did not appear in your contact list, if the user has not deleted their Venmo account then their account should appear here.
Doing this search will bring up Venmo users that are not in your contact list meaning you will be able to see the top accounts with the name that you are searching for.
After following this process you are still unable to find the name of that person or find an account that is associated with that name, the person you are searching for has either deleted their Venmo account or you can confirm that they have blocked you on the app.
If You Block Someone on Venmo Will They Know
Do not worry when blocking someone. Venmo does not notify the user directly that they have been blocked by any user. This simply means that the app will not go out of its way to send the blocked user a notification that they have been blocked.
However, if the user suspects that they have been blocked by another user, they can just as easily look into the situation and confirm if they have been indeed been blocked.
What Happens When You Block Someone on Venmo
Primarily, when you block someone on Venmo, this will highly limit the way in which the two users interact.
The most noticeable way that being blocked affected the relationship between the users on Venmo is that once you block someone on Venmo, you will no longer be able to pay each other, request money from each other, view each other’s payment information to other users, view or interact with each other’s profiles or even will restrict each user from mentioning each other on the social media platform.
These are just a few of the things that happen automatically when you block another user on the Venmo app.
What Does Blocking Someone On Venmo Do
Blocking another user on Venmo simply means that you no longer want to interact with that user and that you want to restrict the way you interact and make transactions with them.
Blocking another user on Venmo can stem from many reasons such as the most common reasons being blocking others because of spamming payment requests and preventing anyone from seeing your transaction history from within the app.
As it has been said, blocking a user on Venmo will prevent the users from sending and receiving payments from each other, seeing the other person’s profile and transactions as well as limiting the delivery of messages, and deleting the user from your contact list within the Venmo app.
How to Block Someone on Venmo Without Them Knowing
When you do end up blocking someone on the Venmo app, it is important to the user to know whether the user that is been blocked will be notified of the fact they have indeed been blocked.
There are two main ways to go ahead and proceed with blocking someone on Venmo. If you want to use the Venmo app on your phone to block another user, proceed with the following.
1. Go ahead and on your phone locate the Venmo app and open it. Once in the app, make sure to log into the account from which you want to block a user.
2. Find the profile of the user that you want to block and click on it.
3. Once you are on the profile of the person you want to block, proceed by clicking the 3 dots in the top right corner of the app that will go ahead and open a pop-up menu.
4. From this menu, you will be able to see the option to Block the user. Once you click on this block button, a confirmation window will pop up on the screen and will confirm that you do indeed want to block the user you are trying to block.
5. If this is correct and you want to proceed with blocking the correct user, then go ahead and click on the block button.
Just as easy as it is to block someone using the mobile app for Venmo, you can also go ahead and block a user using the Venmo website online. Proceed with the following.
1. Go ahead and find the Venmo website. Once you are at the Venmo website, proceed by logging into the account from where you want to block a user.
2. Using the search function, find the profile of the person you want to block, and go ahead and click on the profile.
3. Once you are on the profile of the user, you will be able to see the three dots that are located in the top right corner of the user’s profile.
4. Go ahead and click on these three dots that will open, once again, a pop-up menu. This menu will have the option to block the user directly from their profile.
5. Click on the Block button. Once you have clicked on this button, a confirmation window will appear asking you to confirm your action of blocking the user.
6. If you are sure of this action, then go ahead and click the Block button. Once you have blocked someone on Venmo, rest assured that they will never receive a notification that they have been blocked on the app.
However, if they suspect that they have been blocked, they are free to look up and investigate to confirm they have been blocked on Venmo.