If you own an Android device, then you’re probably familiar with the fact that there’s a million different file types that you can download on your device. One of the best things about having an Android device is that you can open just about any kind of file on your device.
There’s also such a large amount of ways that you can install apps on your device. Although the Google Play Store is the safest way to download apps on your device, there are also numerous ways that you can download an app file. One of the ways to get an app on your Android device is to download an APK.
What is an APK File?
APK stands for Android Package Kit. It’s a file type that installs an app for you on any Android device. It’s only the installer file. New Android apps are usually leaked as APKs before they’re added to the app store, which is why many people choose to download them. They also remove any restrictions on the apps available in your area.
Instead of waiting on the app update to get to the Google Play Store, all you have to do is download the latest APK file for that app. You can even install an older version of the app if you’re interested in it.
Finding the Updated APK
APK Pure is great for installing APK files on your device. You’ll never miss any updates and you’ll have access to any app with an APK file. It’s one of the most trusted sources of APK files for people who are interested in them.
There’s just about any app that you can think of available on APK regardless of your geographic location. Because of the varying versions of the apps available, you could have the older or newer versions depending on what you prefer.
Enable Downloading of Unknown Sources
Because you’re going to be downloading an app file from somewhere that isn’t the Google Play Store, you’re going to need to enable downloading unknown sources otherwise you wont be able to download an APK. Here’s how you enable that on your Android device:
1. Launch the Settings app on your Android device. The app icon resembles a gear.
2. On the Settings menu, tap on the option that says “Biometrics and Security.”
3. On the Biometrics and Security menu, select “Install Unknown Apps.” You’ll be navigated to a screen where you can see a list of apps that can download files.
4. On the list, locate APK Pure and tap it.
5. There’s a switch to the left of the header that says “Allow From This Source.” It should turn blue.
Now, you’ll be able to download apps from APK Pure.
How to Download an Updated App
Navigating APK is very similar to navigating the Google Play Store. There’s a search bar at the top of the screen that you can use to search for the game that you want. At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see icons that you can use to navigate between the home screen, your profile, and the store where you download the apps. It’s an easy app with a pleasing interface. Here’s how you see the version history of the app so that you can download the updated version of the APK.
1. Locate the app in APK Pure. If you know the name, you can use the search bar at the top of the screen and you’ll find it.
2. Once you find the app, tap on the app icon so that you can open the app information screen.
3. Beneath the app description, you’ll see an option labeled “Version History.” Tap that and you’ll see a long list of app versions. Each version is dated, so you’ll easily know which one is the newest.
4. Once you find the most recent version, download it by tapping the Install button to the right if the version header.
Now, you’ve downloaded an updated APK file.