In this article, you’ll learn how to install the application as well as troubleshoot any issues that arise with it. So, let’s go ahead and get you set up and adhere to these valuable tips and resolutions. Let’s rock!
How to Install Google Duo on Firestick
1. Go to Install Third Party App, Turn on Downloader, Install Google Duo APK
For all Firestick users out there, the Downloader tool is the go-to feature to download apps to your device. Let’s go through a step-by-step process of how to use the Downloader feature to install Google Duo on your Firestick:
Since Duo is a third-party application, you cannot download it directly from the Amazon App store. However, you have to “sideload” it from the Downloader application. To do this for any apps, you must turn on the unknown sources.
To turn on Unknown sources, you must:
1. Click on Settings on your Firestick home screen.
2. Select My Fire TV or Devices.
3. Click Developer Options.
4. Tap on Apps From Unknown Sources to switch it on.
5. Next, enable ABD Debugging by tapping it to turn it on.
Once you have enabled unknown sources, you can download and install any apps available from third-party resources.
Now, it’s time to launch the Downloader app from your Firestick:
1. Once the downloader app is open, enter the URL for Google Duo’s download link into the search bar. The link will be https://bit.ly/2UT2UZX.
2. After the URL is entered, press the GO button.
3. After pressing go, and the link has revealed the application for Google Duo, you will see a button to install the app.
4. Tap install.
5. The installation will take a couple of minutes.
6. Once the installation is complete, select the Open button to open the Google Duo app.
2. Go to Google Duo on Silk Browser
To use Google duo with the silk browser, proceed with the following steps:
1. Open the Silk Browser on your Firestick.
2. Enter the Google Duo URL (duo.google.com) in the search bar.
3. Click the Try Duo For Web button.
4. Sign in with your Google account.
5. Now, all of your Google contacts will appear on the screen.
6. Select a contact from the list.
7. Once a contact is selected, click the Start A Call button to make the call.
8. If you want to end the call, tap the End button to close out the call.
How to Screen Mirror Google Duo on Firestick
Screen mirroring involves sending what’s on your computer screen to a TV or projector via cable or wireless connection. Basically, screen mirroring allows you to project the content currently displayed on your smartphone, tablet, or computer screen to another screen or digital sign wirelessly.
Screen mirroring Google Duo on your Firestick is a quick and easy process. Let’s check out some of the different devices and how to screen mirror Google duo with them!
1. From Android
To mirror your Google Duo screen to your Firestick from your Android device, you must:
1. First, navigate to your Firestick settings. A gear icon will indicate the settings on your Firestick home screen.
2. Once you are in your settings, select Display and Sounds.
3. On the menu for Display and Sounds, scroll down and select Enable Display Mirroring.
4. While the mirroring is being enabled on your Android device, take your finger and scroll down from the top of the screen until a full menu of options is shown.
For some Android devices, to see the full options in the scroll-down menu, you may have to scroll down once and pull down the notifications bar to reveal all buttons.
5. Look for the button that says Screen Cast. If the button is not located on the first page of buttons, you may have to swipe left to reveal the second roster of controls to locate the Screen Cast option.
6. Tap on the Screen Cast button.
7. Once you tap on the Screen Cast button, your device will go into discovery mode. This will allow your device to locate the connection of your Firestick.
8. Once the Firestick is discovered by your phone, the name of your Firestick will appear on your phone’s screen.
9. Tap on your Firestick’s name.
10. Once you tap on your Firestick’s name, the screen of your Android device will be linked to your Firestick TV.
11. Once you are connected to your Firestick TV, open your Duo app, find a contact in your list to call, and begin the call.
2. From iPhone
To mirror your Google Duo screen to your Firestick from your iPhone, proceed with the following steps:
1. In the top menu bar of your Firestick, scroll over to the magnifying glass to search.
2. Once you are in the search, type in “Airscreen”.
3. After typing in Airscreen, scroll down and select it.
4. After selecting the Airscreen, an application for Airscreen will appear on the Firestick on the left.
5. Go ahead and click the application.
6. The application is free to download. So, click the download button to start installing the app.
7. The installation can take less than a minute.
8. Once the app is installed, go ahead and open it.
9. Once the Airscreen app is open, you will be directed to the home screen.
10. If you are unaware of how to use the Airscreen app, follow through with the tutorials on how to use it. The tutorials will be available on the starting home screen of the app. If you have already watched the tutorial or already know how to use it, go ahead and click the Start Now button.
11. After selecting Start Now, on the left-hand of the screen will be a menu.
12. Scroll down and select Settings. Tap on Settings twice to open the General Settings screen.
13. On the general settings screen, ensure that AirPlay and Cast has a checkmark in the box on the right side of the screen.
14. Once the check marks are insured, click back to go back to the previous page showing the side menu.
15. Tap on Start.
16. Next, on your iPhone, swipe downward to reveal the phone’s menu.
17. Locate the Screen Mirroring button.
18. Tap the Screen Mirroring button.
19. There will be a list of devices available for screen mirroring. Locate the Airscreen for the Firestick in the list of devices. The Airscreen location will be indicated by the beginning letters of AS-.
20. Tap on the Airscreen location.
21. After tapping the location, your device will automatically begin mirroring to your Firestick TV.
22. From here, open the Duo app on your device, locate a contact in your list, and begin your call.
3. From PC
If you are looking to mirror you’re Google Duo from your PC to your Firestick, to do so, follow these steps:
First, ensure that your PC is connected to the same internet signal as your Firestick TV.
1. From your Amazon Firestick home screen, navigate over to Settings.
2. After clicking on Settings, tap on Network. This will allow you to see what internet connection your Firestick is connected to and your wireless router’s name. So, ensure that your PC is connected to the same network.
3. After your “T”s are crossed and “i”s are dotted with making sure both the PC and fire stick or connected to the same Wi-Fi signal, navigate back to your home screen on your Firestick.
4. From here, hold down the home button for approximately 3 to 4 seconds. A screen will appear showing your time as well as the options for Apps, Sleep, Mirroring, and Settings.
5. Using your remote, select the Mirroring option.
6. When the mirroring process begins, a screen will appear. On that screen, look for the name of your Firestick.
7. From this point, on your Windows PC, on your toolbar, to check the internet connection, select the icon to view your internet connection for your PC. This is vital to ensure the internet connection for your Firestick is the same for the PC.
8. Next, it’s time to cast the screen of your PC to your firestick tv.
9. On your toolbar, there will be a blank square that looks like a computer screen or text bubble. Tap on it to open your notifications pane.
10. Once the side pane is open, click where it says Expand at the bottom of the notifications.
11. Look for the button that says Project and click on it.
12. Make sure the option to Extend your screen is highlighted.
13. Click on Connect To A Wireless Display.
14. A new window pane will open on the right side of the screen showing the devices ready to connect to your PC and within the general vicinity of your device for external display.
15. Locate the external connection for your Firestick TV and click on it.
16. After a few seconds, the PC will automatically connect to your Firestick.
17. At the top of your PC screen, a couple of options will be displayed. You will get a notification that you are connected to an external display source and the option to disconnect from that external display by clicking the option to disconnect.
18. From here, open Google Duo on your PC, find someone in your contact list to call, and start the call.
Google Duo Won’t Install on Firestick
Downloading Google Duo on your Firestick can be exciting because you get to use a fantastic feature on a wonderful device. However, in the middle of attempting to download Google Duo, you encounter an issue with installation. This will immediately kill your mood.
If you are having an issue with installing Google Duo on your Firestick TV, you may be experiencing the infamous bug, which can be extremely frustrating. If you have a bug, there are options to resolve it immediately.
Fix – Restart Firestick
The first option available is to restart your Firestick.
There are a couple of ways to restart the fire stick.
1. The first way is to use your remote and navigate to your Settings. A gear icon indicates the Settings button to the very end on the right. Once you are in your settings, scroll down to My Fire TV and click on OK.
2. From there, scroll down to the option that says restart and click on it to restart your Firestick TV.
1. The second alternative to restarting your Firestick TV is to press and hold the select or OK button. While holding down the select button, simultaneously press the play button.
2. Hold both buttons down for approximately 10 seconds and then release. After 10 seconds, your screen will prompt a statement saying, “Your Fire TV is Powering Off”.
The Firestick will automatically power off and then restart on its own.
1. The third and final option to restart your Firestick is to unplug the power source of the fire stick. The power source is basically the USB cable connected to the back of your TV.
2. From here, unplug the USB cable from the back of your TV and wait for approximately 10 seconds.
3. After 10 seconds, go ahead and plug the USB cable back into your TV.
4. If you are using a wall adapter, take the adapter out of the wall socket and wait for 10 seconds. After waiting for 10 seconds, go ahead and plug the wall adapter back into the socket.
Fix 2 – Reset Firestick
Completing a factory reset on your Firestick may resolve the issue. Before performing a factory reset, Firestick users must be aware that data may be lost after the reset is complete.
However, the good thing about a Firestick is that you are able to reinstall or re-download all of the applications you have previously lost. Performing a factory reset will give your Firestick a fresh and clean start. Once your Firestick has a fresh start, it will perform faster and more efficiently. And importantly, you may be able to download Google Duo without any issues.
To factory reset your Firestick, follow the according steps:
1. Navigate to the home menu on your Firestick.
2. Locate the Settings.
3. Once your Settings are open, navigate over to My Fire TV and open it.
4. From there, scroll down and select the option for Reset To Factory Defaults. This will remove all personal data and downloaded content.
5. After selecting Reset To Factory Defaults, click OK on the option to Reset.
You will immediately get a prompt on your screen stating the system is “Resetting Your Amazon Fire TV Stick.” The recent process may take approximately 3 to 5 minutes or less.
Once the reset has begun, your Firestick will power off.
6. Once the system Powers off, it will automatically restart. The restart would be just as it was during the initial setup of your Firestick.
Although the reset was quicker, the reboot may take a little longer than usual.
Once the reboot is successful and you are able to see your setup screen, you will see a screen searching for your remote.
Follow the prompt on the screen to press the home button so your remote will connect to your Firestick.
7. Once your remote is connected, press the play button and choose your primary language.
8. From here, you will follow through with the startup process again.
9. Connect to your Wi-Fi network again using your internet connection credentials.
10. For updates to be available for your Firestick, go ahead and log into your Amazon account after connecting to your Wi-Fi signal.
11. For the initial setup, select your TV brand, volume control options, and other sets of criteria.
12. Once you are officially set up with your Firestick again, navigate to your home screen and apps. From there, you will be able to see all of the apps that are still linked to your Amazon account. You will have the option to reinstall all applications one by one.
2. Poor Internet
Checking your internet connection is essential for your Firestick to function correctly. If there is a weak connection, there is going to be weak productivity from your device. So, checking your internet connection would be beneficial if you are experiencing an issue with Google Duo not installing.
Fix – Restart Internet on Firestick
To restart your internet on your Firestick, you must:
1. From your home screen on your Firestick, navigate over to your Settings at the top of your screen.
2. From your Settings, navigate over to the Network option.
3. App to open Networks.
4. From there, you will see all of the available networks surrounding Your Firestick’s signal and connection.
5. Locate your Wi-Fi connection that is linked to your Firestick.
6. Once you have the connection highlighted, you will see the option to Check Network Status and Forget This Network on the right of the screen.
7. You will choose the method to Forget This Network for the connection that is linked to your Firestick. The method will prompt you to use the three horizontal lines on your remote to forget the connection.
8. Once the connection is highlighted with your remote, press the three horizontal lines on your remote to forget the connection.
9. You will get another prompt to “Press Select To Confirm Forgetting (your network’s name)”.
10. Go ahead and press the select button to confirm forgetting the Network.
11. After the Network is forgotten, go back into your network settings and relink your Wi-Fi connection back to your Firestick TV.
Fix 2 – Restart Router
The best way to restart your internet connection is by restarting your router or modem. The router is where the signal emits from. So, restarting your router would clear out any “jams” in the flow of the signal.
A much simpler approach would be to unplug your router from the outlet, wait for 10 seconds, and then plug the router back into the wall outlet.
After restoring your internet connection, navigate to the steps to download Google Duo as listed in the previous fix.
Fix 3 – Reset Router
Most routers have a tiny reset button located at the back of its’ panel. You may need a pen-pointed tool to reach the reset button at the back of the router.
Suppose you have a pin-pointed tool; press and hold the small reset button on the back of the router. Press and hold the button for approximately 10 seconds, and then release. This will automatically reset the router.
3. Firestick Out of Date
As it is always mentioned in articles such as this one, updates are critical. Most likely, if you’re having an issue with Google Duo not installing on your device, you may need to update your Firestick before downloading any further applications.
Fix – Update Firestick
To update your Firestick, proceed with the following steps accordingly:
1. On the home screen of your Firestick, navigate over to your Settings on the top of your screen.
2. Next, select My Fire TV.
3. From there, tap on About.
4. On the About screen, scroll down and click on Check For Updates.
5. Once you select to check for updates, the system will automatically start checking for updates.
6. If there is an update available, on the right of the screen, you will be prompted that an update is available.
7. Once an update is available, the Check For Updates button will immediately switch to Install Update.
8. Select Install Update to begin the process.
9. The update may take a few minutes. So, do not press any buttons on the Fire TV remote, for this will interfere with the updating process.
10. Once the update is complete, the screen for checking the updates will reappear.
11. On the right side of your TV screen, it will show the current version your Fire TV is running and the date the updates were checked for and installed.
12. Some people would consider going straight to the Downloader app to start downloading Google Duo. To be on the safe side, it is best to restart your Firestick by pressing and holding the home button for 5 seconds, scroll over to Settings, click on My Fire TV, and select Restart to reboot your device.
Google Duo is a fantastic application to have. It’s quick and easy to install and incredibly simple to use. However, just like any other innovative application or feature, there may be possible issues that come about when using the app.
But do not be discouraged, for there are wonderful resolutions available to resolve the issue immediately. If you’re Google Duo won’t install on your Firestick, there may be a bug. If there is a bug, you have the option to restart the Firestick or reset the Firestick in general.
Also, checking your internet connection is highly vital when installing the app to ensure the application is installed properly and the functionality of the app is to its’ 100% potential when in use.
And if the Firestick is out of date, it’s a no-brainer to go ahead and update the device so that it will function adequately when installing Duo. See? There are many causes that can contribute to Google Duo not being installed.
So, if you find yourself in a dilemma where the app is not working as it should, navigate back to these tips and tricks so we can knock out the problem together. Now that’s a dynamic “Duo”.