Facebook shows your friends list to all your friends and anyone who looks you up on the social network. This means that others can find out details about your friends with ease. This is not a nice thing as it can cause privacy issues. Therefore, hiding your friends list on Facebook can be important to you. In this post, we will show you how to hide friends list on Facebook with a few simple clicks. It’s very easy to do and can be done via both the Facebook website as well as on the mobile apps.
If you don’t want strangers or friends to see your friends list, then you can keep it hidden on Facebook. Below, we’ve detailed on how you can hide your friends list on Facebook. First, we will show you how to do it using the Facebook website.
Hide friends list on Facebook via website
You can easily hide your friends list using the Facebook website. A few clicks and you’re all set. Here’s how to do it.
1. Launch your favorite browser and navigate to Facebook.com.
2. Login to the social network using your credentials.
3. Click on the triangle shaped drop down menu on the top right corner of the website.
4. Click on the Settings option and then navigate to the Privacy category on the left panel.
5. Here, you should be able to see a section called ‘How People Can Find and Contact You’.
6. Under this, you will see the ‘Who can see your friends list’ option.
7. When you click on this option, you will be greeted by a drop down menu.
8. You can now select who can see your friends list. The options are; Public, Friends, Only Me, and Custom.
9. If you choose Custom, you can select the people who can see your friends list. Others will not be able to see your friends.
10. Once you’re done, you can click on ‘Save changes’ and exit the Settings page.
There you have it. Your friends list is now hidden on Facebook. If you selected friends, then only your friends will be able to see the list. If you selected ‘Only me’, then no one except you can see the friends list. That was pretty easy, wasn’t it? Now, let’s take a look at how you can do this on the Facebook mobile app.
Hide friends list on Facebook mobile app
The steps are pretty much the same on the Facebook mobile app, but there are a few more options. Here’s how you hide friends list on Facebook via the mobile app.
1. Launch the Facebook app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Tap on the hamburger style menu icon. This is available on the top right corner on the Facebook Android app, whereas on the iOS app, it’s located on the lower right.
3. Select Settings.
4. Now tap on Privacy Settings.
5. Here, you will see the ‘Who can see your friends list?’ option. Tap on this to reveal a couple of options.
6. On mobile, Facebook offers the option to select Public, Friends, Only You, Friends Except, Specific Friends, and Specific Lists. You can create lists and select that list if you like. Only those added in the list will be able to see your friends list.
7. Once you’ve made your decision, click on Done and you should be all set.
8. Tap on the back button and the app will automatically save these settings.
And that’s how to hide friends list on Facebook. However, people can still look up your profile and see some of your friends that you both may have in common. Nothing can be done to hide this list, but it’s not really a long list and since its mutual friends, there won’t be any privacy concerns. We hope this tutorial has helped you hide friends list on Facebook.