When you’re looking for surround sound equipment, it can get pretty expensive for good equipment. But, believe it or not, you don’t have to go very far to experience surround sound; in fact, you don’t even need any expensive equipment. So long as you have a pair of headphones, you can experience virtual surround sound on any of your Android devices.
How Does Virtual Surround Sound Work?
To better understand what virtual surround sound does for you, it’s best to understand the differences between stereo sound and surround sound. By getting a crash course in both, you’ll understand why people shoot for surround sound over stereo.
Imagine you have one instrument on your left and another on your right, both the same distance from your left and right ear. When they both play, your ears will pick up on the differences in volume, making note that one sounds louder than the other. If you set your sound to “stereo sound,” that is the effect you’ll hear, only a difference in volume.
Image you have one instrument on your left and another on your right. Instrument #1 is closer to you than Instrument #2 is. When both instruments play, you’ll hear Instrument #1 first because it’s closer to you. That setup creates a very slight delay between the two instruments, thus creating an effect called “surround sound.”
Surround sound is advantageous for those looking for a sense of realism, an immersive effect that stereo sound doesn’t even begin to replicate. Through the clever manipulation of the left and right channel, and adding a slight delay, you can replicate surround sound. Android devices, or really most hand-held devices, lack surround sound capabilities and can only achieve such effects through software.
How to Get Virtual Surround Sound on Android
So, you are in need of an immersive sound experience, but aren’t sure where to look. Look no further than Noozxoide EIZO-rewire™ PRO, developed by Noozxoide Laboratories. This app takes a stereo/mono channel–which is common with hand-helds and Androids–and uses a virtualizer to manipulate the channel into sounding like surround sound. And it’s free!
The best way to experience this app is through the use of headphones and or practical speakers. With that out of the way, let’s get started.
Installing Noozxoide EIZO-rewire™ PRO to Android
1. Search for “Noozxoide EIZO-rewire™ PRO” by tapping the search bar at the very top of the screen and, when the virtual keyboard appears, typing “Noozxoide EIZO-rewire PRO” Select the non-rooted version from the search results below.
2. On Noozxoide EIZO-rewire™ PRO app information page, tap Install. Doing so will immediately download and install it to your Android device, provided you have an adequate network connection.
Setting Up Noozxoide EIZO-rewire™ PRO
- Locate and open the newly installed Noozxoide EIZO-rewire™ PRO app. Its app icon is the power icon with “PRO” stamped beneath it.
2. When you first fire up Noozxoide EIZO-rewire™ PRO, you’ll be asked to choose the type of speakers you’re using. The options are as follows:
- Line-Out: Select this option if you’re using headphones, a soundbar or speakers.
- Built-In: Select this option if you’re using onboard speakers, a soundbar or HDMI-out.
- Wireless: Select this option if you’re using Bluetooth headphones, a Bluetooth soundbar or Bluetooth speakers.
3. To get things started, make your way down the menu to “Create VSUR on practical monitor…” which enables the virtual surround sound. Select it to add a checkmark.
4. Your next step is choosing a room size. This will help with the emulation of surround sound for better immersiveness. Choose “Create Room Size.” You also have options for studio and live. Pick the option that best fits your environment.
There are additional options to enhance your surround sound under the Noozxoide Balanced XEQ subsection, as well as Noozxoide Psychoacoustic II subsection. Fiddle with their audio options until it’s to your liking.
What’s great about using Noozxoide EIZO-rewire™ PRO is not only is it free, it’s a great way to enjoy your movies, TV shows and video games on your Android device. The software that was developed gets as close as you can to true surround sound, and really, the only thing that can beat Noozxoide EIZO-rewire™ PRO is true surround sound.
And the best part? It’s completely free to you. Anyone with an Android device can visit the Google Play Store and download and install Noozxoide EIZO-rewire™ PRO.
Download Noozxoide EIZO-rewire™ PRO: Google Play Store