When you make your way over to Gmail to send an important email, it’s relatively easy to do. You type in an email, type a subject and body, attach any files necessary and you’re done. Forwarding email with Gmail is just as easy, but what about forwarding multiple emails? Can it be done or are you forced to forward a single email at a time until the source of emails are gone? Save yourself from carpal tunnel and use an extension to do the job for you.
Before you get all giddy with excitement, you should install Google Chrome to your device if you don’t already have it. It’s fairly easy to do with steps below to help you through the installation process.
Installing Google Chrome
Before you can use the extension, you’ll need Google Chrome; the extension works with Google Chrome. It’ll give you all the power you need to make forwarding multiple emails all at once a reality on Gmail.
Here’s what you do:
1. With your preferred browser, head on over to Google Chrome’s download page.
2. Open the setup.exe typically found in your Downloads folder by default. Double click it to get the setup.exe running or right click and click Run.
Give the setup.exe a few moments to install and when it’s finished, you can move onto the next section.
Installing Multi Forward for Gmail
If you have nothing against extensions, then this lovely extension, Multi Forward for Gmail, will make forwarding multiple emails at once super easy when you’re using Gmail.
Here’s how you install the extension:
1. Locate and launch the Google Chrome web browser, and is has to be Google Chrome. You can’t install a Google Chrome extension on, say, Mozilla Firefox.
2. Make your way to the Chrome Web Store homepage. In the top left corner of the homepage, just below “Chrome Web Store,” you’ll see a search bar. Click it and type into the empty field “multi forward for gmail” and hit the Enter key. You should get immediate search results.
3. On the right hand side, you’ll see a number of search results with similar names. The one you want is the extension that has a black arrow for its picture. Click Add to Chrome. When prompted, confirm you wish to install it.
Using Multi Forward for Gmail
1. With the extension installed, make your way to your Gmail inbox.
2. Select multiple emails by leaving a checkmark on the email you want to forward. Do that for every single email you want to forward.
3. Now, click the extension icon for Multi Forward for Gmail, represented by a black arrow pointing to the right. You can find it near the top of the page, just below the search bar, on the Gmail toolbar.
Since this is your first time using the extension, it will ask you to authenticate your email by using your Gmail account. This process also involves giving the extension certain permissions, whether or not it’s authorized to perform certain tasks.
4. Click the Multi Forward icon one last time, type in any and all email addresses you want the emails to go to and click Mult-Forward to send them.
Once they’re sent, you’ll get a message from your extension that either confirms the emails were sent, or it was a failure (unlikely).
As you can see, you don’t have to cramp your hands sending dozens of separate emails to one person and then having to do it all over again. Just use Multi Forward for Gmail. It gets the job done in a fraction of the time.