When you get a call at an inconvenient time, it can be rather irritating, and scrambling to find a way to ignore the call can make things difficult. On Snapchat, anyone who has the ability to message you is able to voice or video call. This is usually people that you have as a friend or people that have tried to message you in the past but you’ve ignored their request.
Also, every call you get will consume your mobile data if you are on the go. To fix this, as a Snapchat user, you can disable voice and video calls from specific friends, disable notifications, or use Do Not Disturb to prevent the calls from coming through.
Blocking Calls From Specific Friends
1. Open Snapchat.
2. When you launch the app, make sure you’re on the chat screen that shows all of the conversations. You can also access this page by click on the chat button on the bottom left corner when you’re on the camera screen.
3. Here, you will see all of your friends that you have sent messages to. If you’ve never messaged the person you want to block calls from, you need to click on the search icon in the upper left corner. From here, you’ll be able to search for the person you want to block calls from.
3. Hold the name of the person that you want to block calls from. If there is no conversation with the person whose calls you want to block, you will need to look for them via search.
4. When you hold someone’s name on Snapchat, a new menu with options will appear. You will need to select More > Message Notifications > Silent. This will disable you from receiving voice and video calls from this person. If you want to block calls from them entirely, hold their name, select Block, then select it again to confirm your decision.
You can undo this in the same section.
Disabling Snapchat Notifications
If you don’t want to receive any calls, you can disable the app’s notifications, so that if someone does call, you aren’t notified about it.
- Open Settings.
2. Scroll down to Snapchat.
3. Select Notifications.
4. Toggle Off Allow Notifications.
1. Open your device’s Settings App.
2. Tap on the option that says Notification. This will open a number of options, but you want to scroll until you see the apps on your device. In the upper left of the screen is an option that may say Most Recent. Tap this and choose All so that you can see all of the apps on your phone.
3. Once you can see all of the apps on your device, you will need to scroll until you see Snapchat. There will be a switch located to the right of it.
4. Tap the switch once and it will turn gray.
Now all the notifications for Snapchat are turned off. If you would like to receive notifications again, then you can turn the switch back into the on position.
Do Not Disturb
This will turn off all notifications for your device, so you may only want to use this if you think you’ll get calls from more than just Snapchat.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Scroll down to Do Not Disturb.
3. Toggle it On.
1. Open your device’s Settings App. It usually resembles a gear in the middle of a gray background for Android devices and for iPhone devices.
2. Tap on the option that says Notifications.
3. Towards the top of the menu, you will see an option that says, “Do Not Disturb.” Click the switch in the “On” position to the right of the screen. The switch will turn blue when it is in the “On” position.