There are a handful of ways to delete your photos from your Android device, most of which are from applications native to an Android’s arsenal. In other words, the applications used below should have come preinstalled to your Android device when you removed it from its box prison.
Since Android has several ways of deleting your photos, this guide will stick to methods that can be found universally across all Android devices. Such examples include: Gallery app, Camera app, Google Photos and a computer.
With that being said, depending on your Android device, the interface may look slightly different from one Android to another, however, the steps are, again, universal as well. At the most you may have to open an extra menu or two. So, how do you delete photos from your Android device?
Deleting Photos From the Gallery App
1. Locate and launch the Gallery app.
2. In the Gallery app, select the album you want to delete pictures from.
3. In the album, press your finger against the picture you want to delete and hold it there until the interface changes. You’ll know it changed when a new icon appears in the top right corner of the screen and a checkmark was placed on the picture you chose. To select more, simply tap on any additional pictures.
4. Select Delete at the bottom of the screen, represented by a trashcan. Confirm the deletion by tapping OK.
5. If you want to delete every single photo from the album without deleting the album, select a single picture and then tap Select All in the top right corner of the screen, the icon that’s two squares overlapping one another.
Deleting an Entire Album
1. Head back to the album selection screen.
2. This time, press your finger against an album you want to delete. Select Delete at the bottom right corner of the screen, represented by a trashcan. Confirm the deletion by tapping OK.
3. If you want to delete every single album from your Android, select an album and then choose Select All in the top right corner of the screen, the icon that’s two squares overlapping one another.
Deleting Photos From the Camera App
If you’re actively taking photos and take a bad picture, you can delete it right on the spot.
1. Find and open the Camera app.
2. On the Camera screen, tap on picture preview window in the bottom left corner of the screen. You can see the last picture you took peeking through.
3. Press Delete at the bottom, the trashcan icon. Confirm by selecting OK.
Deleting Photos from Google Photos
1. Find and launch the Google Photos app (look for “Photos”).
2. To delete a photo or multiple photos, select one photo by pressing your finger against it. Choose any additional photos by simply tapping. Choose Delete at the top of the screen, the trashcan icon.
3. When prompted, select Move to trash.
4. To delete the photo for good, select the Menu icon in the top left corner of the screen. Choose Trash.
5. Select the photos by pressing your finger against one and tapping additional photos. When you’re finished, press Delete at the bottom of the screen.
6. Confirm the deletion by choosing Delete.
Deleting Photos From Android via Computer
1. Plug your USB cable into your Android’s charging port and an open USB port on your computer.
2. When prompted by your Android how to connect to your PC, choose Media device (MTP).
3. Open the folder that displays your connected hard drives and devices.
4. Explore your Android device by double clicking on it.
5. To find your photos, open Phone > DCIM > Camera.
6. Highlight and delete as you see fit.