You’ve been stalking your old Facebook photos and realized there’s dozens that were horribly shot, bad quality, or didn’t catch your good side. That’s okay, because they don’t have to stick around; spring cleaning is in order. If you need to delete multiple photos on Facebook, how do you make it happen?
Well, Facebook doesn’t make it easy—that’s for sure, but it can still be done. Here’s a tip: it’s much faster on a computer. So let’s get right into it.
How to Delete Multiple Photos on Facebook with Desktop
Unfortunately, mass deleting pictures on Facebook isn’t as easy as it is on a mobile device. In order to delete multiple photos on Facebook, while using a desktop computer, you need to take advantage of albums.
1. Start by visiting Facebook’s homepage and signing in with your account information, if you haven’t already. Once there, visit your profile page.
2. At the top, just below your cover photo, click the Photos tab.
3. To delete a single photo, click Your Photos.
4. Hover your cursor over a photo you want to delete. In the top right corner, click the small pencil icon. That’s Edit. In the drop down menu, click Delete This Photo.
5. You will be asked, “Are you sure you want to delete this photo?” and if you do, click Delete to confirm.
6. To delete multiple photos, click Albums.
7. If an album can be deleted, you’ll see three horizontal dots in the lower right corner. Click on it and when the drop down menu appears, choose Delete Album.
8. When asked to confirm, click Delete Album again.
How to Delete Multiple Photos on Facebook App
On your mobile device, you have this handy way of mass deleting photos whether it’s Android’s Gallery app or iOS’ Photos app. Wouldn’t it be nice to have that on Facebook’s app? Unfortunately, that’s not an option. If you want to delete multiple photos on Facebook, you do so by way of albums.
1. Start by opening the Facebook application. If prompted to log in, provide your account information, then visit your profile page by tapping on your profile picture.
2. On your profile page, tap Photos.
3. Now, to delete a single photo, tap Uploads at the top of your screen. Select a photo you want to delete.
4. In the top right corner, tap on the three vertical dots (Android) or three horizontal dots (iOS). In doing so, a menu will open at the bottom of your screen.
5. In the menu, tap Delete Photo.
6. You will be asked by a pop-up window to confirm your choice. Select Delete to finalize it.
7. If you want to delete multiple photos, tap Albums at the top of the screen.
8. Select an album for termination.
Note: Not all albums can be deleted. For example, your Profile Pictures album cannot be deleted.
9. In the top right corner, tap on the three vertical dots (Android) or three horizontal dots (iOS). In doing so, a menu will open at the bottom of your screen.
10. Choose Delete from the opened menu.
11. Confirm the deletion of the album by tapping Delete again.
Unfortunately, Facebook has to make it as difficult as possible. If you want to mass delete photos, you can only do so by deleting an entire album or endure the tedious nature of deleting photos one at a time.
It should be noted that people have been known to use scripts, but such services almost always ask for your Facebook login information. Do NOT, for any reason, use such a method. That is a one-way ticket to getting your personal information stolen.