On Messenger, you can send texts, pictures, and videos, so this is the typical messaging features that you’re used to seeing on messaging apps. However, you’ll find built in emoji, stickers, and GIF features that you’ll enjoy searching through in Messenger. Other smaller features that you can enjoy in Messenger is the typing indicator that tells you when a person is typing.
You can also see when your message is delivered and read along with the timestamp for those actions. You can easily look through all the images and videos that you’ve sent in the thread, which is beneficial if you ever want to resend them or view them. You can also have audio and voice calls in the app, and the app also can function as a way to send money and play games. It’s an all in one messaging app that’ll meet all your needs. ]
Deleting messages in Messenger is a newer feature that has become incredibly easy. If you want delete messages, you can delete it from your desktop or from your mobile device.
Deleting messages in Messenger on your Desktop
1. Log into Facebook on your desktop.
2. In the top right corner of the screen, you’ll see a speech bubble with a lightning bolt in the middle of it. This is the Messenger icon. Click on it and you’ll see all your message threads in Messenger.
3. Click on the thread that contains the message that you want to delete. The message thread will open on the bottom of your screen.
4. Go to the message that you want to delete. There will be three horizontal dots to the right of the message that you need to click on. A small black speech bubble will appear. In that speech bubble, select “Remove.”
5. Confirm that you want to delete that message.
If you want to delete the entire thread, select “Open in Messenger.” Once you select that, you’ll have to click the settings gear next to the name of the person that you’re chatting with which is located in the right corner of the screen. A menu will appear on the screen and you’ll need to select “Delete” which will delete the whole thread.
Deleting messages on the mobile app
1. Launch the app on your device. When you launch the app, you’ll be on a screen with all of your message threads on it.
2. Press and hold on the conversation that you want to delete to delete the whole thread. Select the red circle with the trash can on it to delete the whole thread.
To delete a single message, tap the message thread to open it, then press and hold on the message that you want to delete. In the bottom right corner of the screen, you’ll see the trash can icon that you’ll need to select to delete that specific message.
You should also know that deleting your messages doesn’t delete the message for the other person, so just be aware of that.