When you’re actively using Snapchat, friends will come and go, conversations will start and abruptly end. In the event that a Snapchat friend needs to go and enter the “ex-friend” pile, you need to know how to delete them. After all, you don’t have to keep them around, especially if they’re causing more problems than they’re worth keeping.
Deleting a friends only takes a few moments of your time as well as a few taps of your finger.
Deleting Friends from Snapchat
1. Locate and open the Snapchat app.
2. Log into Snapchat with your Snapchat credentials, if you aren’t already logged in. Once you’re redirected to your camera screen, swipe from left to right to open your Friends list.
3. Find a friend you want to make into an ex-friend, scrolling up or down to find them. When you’ve found them, press and hold your finger on their name. Doing so will open a menu from the bottom of the screen.
4. In the menu that followed, select More. You’ll find it near the bottom of the menu. Doing so will open an additional menu.
5. In the next menu, choose Remove Friend located at the top of the menu. When prompted by Snapchat to confirm your decision to delete your friend, tap Remove.
Depending on your device, you may not get the option to open the menu in the example above. Instead, you may have to select their name instead and open your conversation with them. And then:
6. Tap their profile icon in the top left corner of the screen.
7. From their profile page, choose the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the screen. A menu will appear from the bottom of the screen.
8. In the menu that followed, choose Remove Friend and confirm the deletion by tapping Remove.
Getting rid of a now ex-friend has never been easier on Snapchat. And if you want to go a step further, you can consider blocking them if they’re causing you any trouble.