Creating a poll can be fun on Facebook, but it can also be a good way to get info that you possibly couldn’t get otherwise. It doesn’t matter if you have a business page or just a personal page. You can create a poll either way.
How to Create a Poll on Your Personal or Business Facebook Page
It doesn’t matter if you are on your business account or your personal account, the steps to creating a poll are the exact same. As of right now, you can’t add a poll to your timeline or news feed. So, to poll your friends and family or your possible customers, you will need to follow the steps that follow.
1. First, log into your Facebook account, whether that be business or personal.
2. When you are using the mobile Facebook app, then you need to tap the + that adds a post to your story.
3. Then, scroll the top menu to the left and you will see Poll, tap it.
4. Now, you can type your question and choose your background.
5. Don’t forget, you have to type in the answers you want to include in the sections provided.
6. Once you are done editing your poll, you need to tap Done in the top right and then tap Share to Story in the bottom right.
How to Create a Poll on an Event Page
When you are the creator or admin of an event page, you can create a poll on it also.
1. First, you need to log into your Facebook account.
2. Then, click on Events on the left side of your screen and from the mobile app tap the Events tab in the top left of your screen.
3. Now, choose the event that you are wanting to add the poll to.
4. Choose Create a Poll at the top of the Create Post box.
5. Now you can add an option into each add option box.
6. You can select Add Option to add more poll choices.
7. Then, select Poll Options.
8. If you don’t want anyone to be able to add more choices to the poll, you need to clear Allow Anyone to Add Options.
9. If you don’t want anyone to be able to choose more than one answer to the poll, you need to clear Allow People to Choose Multiple Options.
10. Now, type your question into the Post box.
11. Finally, click on Post, or click the Post drop down arrow and then choose to Schedule Post at a later date or time.
How to Create a Poll in Facebook Messenger
If you have a group conversation that you are a part of in Messenger, you can create a poll for the other people that are also part of the group conversation.
1. Open your group conversation in your Facebook Messenger.
2. Click on the Create a Poll icon at the bottom of the Messenger window on a desktop or click the Four Dots next to the camera icon on the mobile app and then tap Polls.
3. Type your poll question in the Ask Something box.
4. Choose the + Add Option to add choices for the poll.
5. Then, select Create Poll to share your poll in the group conversations.
How to Create a Poll in a Group on Facebook
If you are the creator or admin of a group on Facebook, you can also add a poll to the group.
1. Open the group you are wanting to poll.
2. Click or tap on Share something with the group.
3. Now, scroll down and tap on Poll.
4. Then, type your question, and type in the answer options.
5. You can add options to the poll as well if you want here.
6. Now, you want to tap Post in the top right corner.
How to Customize a Poll on Facebook
There are multiple ways you can customize your polls that you make on Facebook. You can add a photo, tag people, and other things.
1. Assuming you are already in the poll that you are wanting to customize, you can start by adding images to your poll.
2. If you are using photos from your mobile device, you can click on the background button when making the poll in your Story, or you can make the answers in your poll photos by tapping on the add photo icon next to the options in the poll.
3. You are also able to use GIF’s instead of Photos if you like.
4. Tap the Image button next to the end of the box and then choose Add GIF.
5. Type a single word or a phrase that will show you GIF’s you may want for the poll and then choose the GIF you want.
6. If you want to tag friends, just type their name in the With box.
7. If you are using the app, you can just tap the Tag icon.