Many Mac users remain unaware of the fact that QuickTime Player, is Apple’s default media streaming application. QuickTime Player is not only well known, but also already exists on your Mac. That’s right, all modern Mac’s come with QuickTime Player already installed on them. However, QuickTime Player isn’t just a media streaming application, as you can also use it to edit your videos.
If you need to combine videos on your Mac, there’s no need to download a third-party application or pay expensive fees for an online tool, when you have QuickTime Player. QuickTime Player, along with being free, is very easy to use. Combining videos on your Mac, using QuickTime Player will only take a few moments of your time. In order to get started and combine videos on your Mac using QuickTime Player, follow the simple instructions below.
Use QuickTime Player to Combine Videos on Your Mac
As previously stated, QuickTime Player already exists on your system, so all you need to do is launch the application. In order to get started, follow the easy instructions below.
1. Launch QuickTIme Player. You can use Spotlight to do this, by clicking on the magnifying glass icon on the top right corner of the screen. Type in QuickTime Player in the search bar and press the enter/return key.
2. Open the first video clip you would like to combine, in QuickTime Player.
3. Simply drag and drop the other video clips you want to combine with the first video clip, into the QuickTime Player window.
4. You’ll now see all of your video clips arranged towards the bottom of the window. Feel free to rearrange this order by dragging clips to the left or right, as is convenient for you.
5. After you’re done rearranging and are satisfied with the order of the clips, simply click on File using the menu bar towards the top left.
6. From the drop-down menu that appears, click on Export, in order to save all of the video clips as one.
It’s as simple as that. You’ve now combined all of your video clips into one video. As you can see, all you really needed to do was carry out some drag and drop methods, in order to accomplish this task. This was not only very easy to do, but also didn’t cost you a penny.
Feel free to explore everything else that you can accomplish with QuickTime Player. If you wish, you’ll also have the option to trim video clips for any of the imported segments, as well. Though QuickTime Player doesn’t have as many features as iMovie, it’s much easier to use if all you want to do is combine and trim videos. QuickTime Player provides a fast and easy approach, that can be used by anyone. After you’re done editing your videos on QuickTime Player, sit back and watch them play on the media streaming application. You surely won’t be disappointed with the results.