When it comes down to checking all comments you’ve made on Instagram, you wouldn’t believe how easy it is to do. While Instagram doesn’t provide a wayback function, it can provide you with something a little more substantial. Hopefully, you brought something to occupy your time for the next two days.
If you want to see comments you’ve made in the past on Instagram, you’ll need to do it through their platform. No, not with some sneaky third-party software that isn’t associated with Instagram—you are dealing with Instagram themselves. Let’s take a look at what they can do for you.
How to Check Posts You’ve Liked on Instagram
As you scroll through your Instagram News Feed, you occasionally Like a post on your way through. Sometimes even leave a comment. But in the event that you want to look back on a particular post, something really funny, heartwarming or otherwise shareable, what do you do? Instagram has an entire page you can check out that’s basically a library for all posts you’ve Liked on Instagram.
Here’s how you access it:
1. First, open up Instagram and sign in with your account, if you aren’t already signed in.
2. Now go visit your profile page. Tap the ‘head and shoulders’ icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
3. On your profile page, tap on Settings.
4. Scroll down your Settings menu until you see Account. Select it from the list.
5. In your Account settings, you want to look for and select Post You’ve Liked. It’s near the bottom of the menu.
6. On the following page, you will get a library of posts you’ve liked in the past and recently. Tapping on any of the posts will send you directly to the original post.
How to Check All Comments You’ve Made on Instagram
You must be thinking, “Well, seeing posts I’ve liked is great and all, but what about all comments?” Unfortunately, there isn’t an option to see posts you made comments on like you can with Liked content. Instead, you have to request that information and play the waiting game.
There’s an option in Instagram that sends them a request for your data. They in turn comply and send you a file via email. It will contain a load of difference information. You’ll be able to see Instagram Stories you’ve posted, comments you’ve made, direct messages you’ve sent, and so on. It’s actually a bit disturbing so much information has been compiled on you, but it’s there if you need it. Instagram will not hold back on giving you the information. You request it, they hand it over with a fuss.
Downloading Your User Data via PC and Mac
1. Start by opening your preferred web browser and visiting Instagram’s homepage. From here, if you haven’t already, sign in with your account.
2. Next, head over to your profile page. Click the ‘head and shoulders’ icon in the upper right of the page.
3. To the right of Edit Profile, click Settings. It’s the gear icon. A pop-up menu will open.
4. In the pop-up window, click Privacy Security.
5. Scroll down the page until you see the subsection ‘Data Download.’ Click the hyperlink Request Download.
6. On the following page, punch in an email address, then click Next.
7. Provide your Instagram account password, then click Request Download.
8. You’ll receive your data as a download link within 48 hours. Keep an eye on your inbox.
Downloading Your Use Data via Mobile
1. Open Instagram and sign in, if you haven’t already.
2. In the bottom right corner, tap the ‘head and shoulders’ icon to visit your profile page.
3. To the right of your Following count, tap Settings.
4. In your Settings menu, choose Security.
5. Scroll down the Security page until you see Download Data.
6. Punch in your email address, then tap Request Download. To continue, you’ll have to provide your Instagram password.
7. You will receive a download link to your data within 48 hours in your inbox.
As you can see, you can check every single comment you’ve made on Instagram, among other things. Don’t let someone tell you it isn’t possible. That’s how misinformation gets spread. Instead, use this as your fact checker.
What’s unfortunate is that this option isn’t as widely known as it should be. Do a simple Google search and you’ll find several comments and outlets expressing the false fact that there’s no way to see all comments you’ve made. In reality, Instagram offers the option.
And to make matters worse, people use that ignorance maliciously to create platforms that steal information. They’ll advertise that Instagram won’t share information like that with you, then tout that their software will. Don’t believe any of it. Stick to what Instagram provides and you’ll be fine. While you’re at it, let your friends know, too.