WhatsApp gives you the ability to change your status, like many social media apps do. As a matter of fact, your status follows similar rules to Snapchat. Once you’ve posted a status, it’ll go live for 24 hours, in which your WhatsApp contacts can view until the 24-hour limit is over.
Changing your WhatsApp status isn’t a hard task, in fact, it’s pretty easy. If you are wondering how, you came to the right place. Let’s get started.
Changing Your Status on WhatsApp
1. Locate and launch WhatsApp.
2. Once WhatsApp has been launched, tap the Status tab in the upper left corner of your screen. If you open WhatsApp to a conversation, tap the “Back” arrow in the upper left corner of your screen.
3. At the top of your screen your status will be displayed, if you had one. Since you most likely haven’t created one, look towards the bottom of your screen. You’ll see a pencil icon. Go ahead and tap it with your finger. You can also tap the camera icon if you want to create a status involving a picture.
4. Create your status. WhatsApp’s editing tools aren’t robust, but the bare minimum does exist. You can throw in emojis and GIFs, change your text font and change the colors.
5. When you’re finished creating your status, tap Send. This will immediately display your status for the next 24 hours for your WhatsApp contacts to see.
After 24 hours have passed, your WhatsApp Status will disappear, but it will NOT be deleted. You’ll have to do that yourself.
How to Delete a WhatsApp Status
Since statuses aren’t deleted after 24 hours, it can clog up your status list, and sometimes the statuses don’t apply anymore.
To delete them, here’s what you do:
1. Open the Status page by tapping the Status tab at the top of the screen. At the top, where your status is, tap the three horizontal dots to the right of your current status. This will open your status list.
2. To delete a status, tap the three vertical dots to the right of the status. In the drop down menu, select Delete.
3. When prompted to confirm the deletion, tap Delete again.