OneDrive is a platform that will give you a significant amount of digital storage space for any of the files that you might have on hand. It’s offered by Microsoft, so if you have a Microsoft account, you should make use of this free space. This is great if you’re running out of space on your device or need somewhere to put your more private files. You can also share the files from One Drive, which makes it a perfect place to put anything that might be important to you.
It also fits easily into Windows 10, so if you’re using a Windows device that’s a plus. One of the things that you might need to do when you have a OneDrive account is change your OneDrive account. This would be needed if you ever want to change the account attached to your OneDrive without losing everything that’s already in the account.
Changing Your Account in OneDrive
You’re unable to use a folder in OneDrive with multiple accounts at the same time, but you can change the account and select that folder so that you still own all the contents that were in your Drive.
1. In your taskbar, you’ll usually see a few icons at one end of it. One of those icons will be the OneDrive icon. That icon resembles an open box. Click on it and a menu will appear.
2. On that menu, click on your account icon in the upper right corner of the screen. It’s a small circle with a letter in the middle of it. A menu will appear beneath that icon.
3. On the menu that appears, click on “Preferences” toward the bottom of the menu. A new box will pop up on the screen.
4. At the top of the box, click on the icon that’s labeled “Account.”
5. Underneath the Account Linking section, select “Unlink this Dropbox” and confirm that’s what you want to do.
6. Set up OneDrive again. This time, long in with the account that you want to. It’ll ask you to select the location for your folder and all you need to do is select your old one. The accounts will be merged.
You’ll be all set to use your OneDrive account just as you had before.