If you are on Facebook then you surely have seen one or more people post about how their account has been hacked. This can make life a hassle and make it to where you can’t access your account.
If you use Facebook and Facebook Messenger they both have the same password. You don’t even need the app to use Messenger on the web version. Having said that, to change your Messenger password, you just need to change your Facebook password.
How to Change Your Password if You are Already Logged into Your Profile on Your Computer
1. Click on the down facing arrow in the top right corner of any of your Facebook pages and select the Settings Options
2. Now, click on the Security and Login option
3. Next, click on Edit next to Change Password
4. Here you will need to enter your current password and then your new password
5. When you are done entering those, click on the Save Changes button
6. If you are logged in but don’t remember your current password, you will need to click forgot password and then follow the steps provided. You will need access to the email that your Facebook is set up with to do this.
How to Change Your Password if You are Not Already Logged into Your Profile on Your Computer
If your Profile was hacked, you probably can’t access your account. If you can’t access your account, you can change your password without logging in.
1. First, you need to locate the Find Your Account Page
2. Here, you will type one of the following and click Search
- Email Address
- Phone number
- Full name
3. Here there will be some instructions that you will need to follow.
After you have followed the instructions, your password should be reset and you should be able to access your account
How to Change Your Facebook Password on Your Android Device
1. Open your Facebook app on your Android device
2. Tap on the menu button that looks like Three Horizontal Lines in the top right corner of the app
3. Tap on Settings and Privacy and then Settings
4. Then, tap on Security and Login
5. Tap on the Change Password tab
6. You will need to type in your current password and then type your New Password in the New password field and the Retype New password field
7. When you are done typing these in, tap on the Change Password button
Your iPhone or iPad
1. Open your Facebook app
2. Tap on the More button which is in the bottom right corner of your screen
3. Tap on the Settings option
4. Then, Tap on General to open the General settings menu
5. Tap on Password
6. Then, type your current password and then your new password in the New and Retype New password fields
7. When you are done, tap the Change Password button