Can You Tag Someone on TikTok After Posting
No. You can’t. There are some alternative ways for you to tag someone in a TikTok video after it is posted. The methods provided in this information will be easy breezy. So, enough small “tok”. Let’s get to it.
How to Add Tag Someone on TikTok After Posting
When you post a funny or informative video on TikTok, you want the reaction of your video to stretch as far as possible. What better way to do that than to tag a friend? If you believe it’s not possible, then you are wrong.
If you want to tag someone in a TikTok, you can delete the video and tag them again if you run into an issue, post a new video and then tag the friend, you can tag the person’s name in your comments, and you can utilize your story feature to post a video and tag the friend as well.
There are multiple ways for you to tag someone in a post. And if you encounter an issue with one method, you can definitely proceed to one of the other methods. With all of these incredible methods considered, let’s start with the first alternative.
1. Delete the Video and Tag Them Again
If you haven’t tagged someone in the video that you have posted on your TikTok, the best way to tag them is to delete the video, repost the video, and select a friend you want to tag in the post and tag them.
This is a quick and easy process. All you need for the process to be successful is access to your TikTok account, the video you want to post, and know the username of the person you want to tag in the video.
So, since we have the breakdown of what is required for this process to have a successful follow-through, let’s start from the beginning by deleting the TikTok video first.
To delete the TikTok video, first, you would need to open the app and navigate to your profile. Once you are on your profile page, a full roster of your videos will appear. You will see the videos you have posted on your TikTok account.
1. From here, you will tap the video that you want to delete and repost. Before you delete the video, ensure that the video you want to repost is saved in your gallery or camera roll.
It is important to consider that once you delete a video from TikTok, the video is permanently deleted. So, if you are looking to repost the same video and tag someone in it, be certain that the duplicate video is saved on your device and not deleted.
2. Once you select the video that you want to delete, it will show up on your screen and begin playing.
3. After the video is pulled up in a full-screen mode and starts playing, on the video screen, you will see three small dots in the bottom right corner of the screen.
4. Tap on the dots for all of the actions and options to appear. The actions will give you tabs to select based on how you want to proceed with the video.
5. You will see the delete option in the list of options and actions. Tap the delete option to delete the video. You will then be asked to confirm the deletion by tapping the delete tab once again.
6. Finally, in the process of deleting the video, a pop-up menu will show up. From this point, you will swipe from left to right until a trash can icon appears.
7. When you see the trash can icon, tap it to permanently remove the video and transition the post to your trash bin.
With the video being transferred to the trash can, you must confirm the deletion once you are asked to confirm your decision on deleting the video. In other words, when you are asked if you are sure if you want to delete the video, you will tap yes.
Now that the video has been deleted, it is time to re-upload the video and select a friend you want to tag in the post.
To upload the video to your TikTok, open your application and tap on the plus sign at the bottom of the screen. If the video is saved to your phone’s gallery or library, you will have the option to re-upload the video from your device.
However, if the video is not saved to your camera roll or gallery, you will also have the option to recreate the video and then upload the new video.
1. Once your content is uploaded to TikTok, you can now tag your friend.
2. To do this, select the @ symbol located in the far-right corner. The symbol will be located in the say something nice section. Locate the name of the user you want to tag.
If you are having an issue with locating the friend you want to mention, the person may not be on your friend’s list. If this is an issue, you must put the person’s name and the search bar at the top of the screen.
3. After the person’s name is detected, you will automatically tap on their username to link them to the post.
After the user is linked to the post, they would be notified that they are mentioned in a post. Although deleting the video and creating a new video to post seems time-consuming, it would be worth a shot if you are trying to get a friend’s attention about a TikTok post.
2. Post a New Video and Tag Them
For this next alternative, this will be essential if you don’t have access to the video once it’s deleted.
This is why it is important to ensure that you have a duplicate video saved in your gallery if you find yourself deleting the video on your TikTok. Moreover, the best option is to create a new video and then tag the friend.
To do this, you will proceed with the following steps:
1. First, you will open your TikTok application. Once the app is open, there will be a plus sign located at the bottom of your screen.
2. Tap the plus sign to upload your content. If you don’t have access to a duplicate video in your phone’s gallery, you can use the TikTok camera to create a new video.
3. Once the TikTok camera is open, you can begin recording the video by pressing the record button. After the video has finished recording, select the check mark to proceed with finalizing the upload.
4. From here, you will have the option to make any additional evidence if need be. If you don’t need to proceed with the step, continue to post the video.
5. Finally, after the video has been posted successfully, select the @ symbol located in the far-right corner. The symbol will be located in the say something nice section. Locate the name of the user you want to tag.
If you are having an issue with locating the friend you want to mention, the person may not be on your friends list. If this is an issue, you must put the person’s name and the search bar at the top of the screen.
After the person’s name is detected, you will automatically tap on their username to link them to the post.
Posting a new video may seem like the best approach to take if you want to start the tagging process fresh. Posting a new video also gives you the opportunity to see if you were doing something incorrectly when posting the video and tagging the friend.
3. Whoever Asks ‘Who’s in the Video, You Can Reply to The Comment with Their Tag Instead
This next method is an alternative based on interaction. Whenever someone posts a video on TikTok without anyone being tagged, many people become curious if they notice additional people in the video who happen to be TikTok users too.
So, without playing a game of 21 questions, there is only one question people would ask. And that question is, “who is in the video?” There is a unique way that you can answer this interrogative. And the good thing about this unique method is that you don’t have to be a computer wiz to follow through with it.
1. If you are friends on TikTok with the person in the video, you can locate their username and tap them into the comments to answer the question.
2. To follow through with tagging the friend, you will press the “Say Something Nice” button located at the very bottom of the screen. Tap on the @ symbol located in the far-right corner of the box.
3. Locate the user you want to tag in the comment. After the user has been selected and the comment has been entered, you will then tap the send button to post a comment showing the tagged friend.
This can definitely come in handy when people on TikTok want to know who is in the video. So, tagging the user in your response is the best way to answer that question and to notify the friend that they are tagged in your post.
4. If Your Friend Asks Why You Didn’t Tag Them, Say You Forgot
We all have moments where we post a picture or video with other people in the content. However, there are moments when we forget to tag the friends who are in the content. Sometimes this is intentional.
But mostly, this is something that is accidental. When this happens, there is always a way to work around this occurrence.
If you post a video, whether if it’s a video with your friends or a video that your friends would love, if they ask why you didn’t tag them, just let them know it had slipped your mind. This is a generous way to let them know you didn’t mean to leave them out.
If you are having an issue with tagging your friends due to whatever the reason is, and you have attempted resolution after resolution to tag them and still couldn’t succeed, it would be in the best interest of your friendship to let them know that you had forgotten to post the video and tag them.
Although tagging someone in the comments would work, you may want to notify the friend if that doesn’t follow through. This will prevent you as well as the friend from developing a sense of confusion about the post. It’s all about having a good sense of communication if something is hindering you from tagging them in the uploaded content.
If you want to avoid this conversation, it would be best to reach out to the friend before the video is posted. So, for in case you cannot tag them due to having any technical difficulty, it would be easier to understand.
So, once the video is posted, there would be less confusion about why a particular friend wasn’t notified of a certain post or why they weren’t tagged.
5. Post the Video on Your Story and Tag Them There Instead
Another great alternative to tagging someone in a post is to take advantage of your story feature to tag the friend. Using your stories to tag someone is a very noticeable way to get someone’s attention. When you post a story, all of the people on your friend’s list will be able to spot the video.
You must know how to post a story to tag someone in a story first.
To post a story on TikTok, you must do the following:
1. Open the app to your profile page.
2. From here, you will tap on the blue circle to post a story. You will have the option to upload the content from your phone’s gallery or create a new post. So, go ahead and capture the video using your camera roll or TikTok camera.
3. After the video is recorded or selected from your camera roll, proceed to upload the story.
4. Now that you know how to post a video to your stories, let’s chat about how to tag someone in a story upload:
5. To tag someone in your TikTok story, you would need to use a PC for this method to upload the video from your computer. On your PC, log into your TikTok account.
6. Once logged in, you will then click on the plus sign (+) to upload the video from your computer. After selecting the video from the PC, press the NEXT button twice. Now, you will click on @Friends on the tab for the caption.
7. From here, you will search for the person you want to tag in the video. After you locate the friend you want to tag in the video, tap on their username to tag them in the video.
After the user is tagged, post the video to your story.
Once the video is posted, the person who was tagged will be notified once they are mentioned in the story.
One essential part of this step is the most significant. And that is to ensure that you have a duplicate version of the video available either on your phone or PC.
Some people tend to delete such files that will come in handy later accidentally. So, ensure you have a backup of the TikTok videos you post or delete from your TikTok account.
Sharing memories on TikTok is a great way to connect with your friends. But, if you really want your friends to catch the memory when it’s posted, you want to ensure they are tagged in the post.
Tagging someone from your friend’s list is simple. Many users considered this to be an impossible action to perform on TikTok. But, there are ways that you can tag your friends without any hassle or issue.
You have the option to delete the video and tag them again, post a new video and tag them, if someone asks who was in the video, mention the person’s name in your comments, or you can post a video in a TikTok story and tag them there if you choose to.
However you choose to proceed with tagging your friends in a TikTok video, the methods that are available are accessible and easy to use.
But one more thing to ensure is that the TikTok app is up to date so that you can follow through with the alternatives listed. And if you posted a video and had an issue tagging a friend, it’s always courteous to let them know you forgot.