Spotify contains over 30 million songs so finding the song you want isn’t hard – unless the songs you like aren’t available on Spotify. For example, freestyles aren’t available on Spotify because they aren’t official songs. Most artists prefer to leave them on YouTube than to put them on Spotify. If you want to add songs from YouTube that aren’t available on Spotify, you can do this easily.
This is useful is you no longer want to pay for Spotify – you can just download all your favorite songs from YouTube and then put then in your Spotify playlist. YouTube has all the songs you’ll ever need but they’re in video format. To get them as a music file, you’ll need to first convert them to an MP3 file, download them to your PC, then add them to Spotify.
How to add Songs from YouTube to Spotify
Tip: Before you do this, it’s best to have a folder that you store all your download MP3 songs in than leaving them in the Downloads folder when everything download file goes in. This will make it easier to add them to Spotify.
1. Go to the YouTube video. Make sure you’re on the video and it’s playing.
2. Copy and paste the link in the address bar.
3. Paste it into a YouTube to MP3 converter and click Convert. The video will take some time to convert depending on how large the file is.
4. Download the MP3 file from the converter. Make sure to leave the file at the bottom of the browser so you can drag it easily.
5. Open File Explorer or your Finder and drag the song into a folder. If you don’t chose a folder to place the file into, it will automatically stay in your Downloads folder.
Adding the MP3 File to your Spotify Playlists
1. Open Spotify on your PC.
2. Tap on the three dots in the upper-left corner.
4. Go to Edit > Preferences.
Select Spotify at top > Preferences.
5. Locate Local Files and make sure it’s toggled On. Under Show songs from, make sure Downloads and Music Library is toggled On.
6. Select Add a Source at the bottom and navigate to the file that contains your downloaded music files. Select the folder then click OK.
7. Select Local Files in the left column and you should see a list of all your download music from that folder.
8. If you want the local file to appear on your device in Spotify, you can either like the song by selecting the heart icon on the left. Or, you can add it to a playlist by dragging it into your chose playlist in the left column.
Note: For you to see the song on your phone, you have to turn off the firewall that’s running on your PC. Once you’ve done this, then drag the song into a playlist. If your fire wall is turned on, then the song won’t be able to sync. If you haven’t got a premium firewall like Norton or McAfee, then you’ll need to turn Off your Windows firewall in Settings.
9. Make sure your phone and pc are connected to the same WIFI network then toggle on the download button both at the top of your playlist in Spotify on your phone and PC.
Tip: If you want to add multiple songs from your local files into a playlist, then you need to select the first songs > press Ctrl + A to select all the songs in your local file. From here, you can drag them into a playlist on the left.