Have you ever wanted to end a page without filling it up with text? If you have, then you’ll need a page break. A page break would be useful, for example, if you want to make a title page that’s separate from the rest of the paper.
This is a great technique to know about prior to printing a document so that the document can look just how you want it to. Google Docs is Google’s document editor that allows you easily add and remove page breaks. Here are the steps to do both of those things in Google Docs.
Adding a Page Break
1. Navigate to Google Docs and open the document that you want to insert the page break in.
2. Click on the space to the right of the last word on the page and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
3. Tap on the “Insert” tab at the top of the screen and a menu will pop up beneath that.
4. On that menu, select “Break” and a menu will appear to the right of that.
5. On that menu select “Page Break. “
Now, a page break will be added to the page.
Removing a Page Break
To remove a page break, all you need to do is select Backspace on your keyboard until you get back to the space that you were at prior to inserting the page break.
Inserting a page break is very useful and if you don’t like it, then the backspace key on your keyboard is enough to remove it. Hopefully, this helps you make your document just how you like it.