Whether it is about transferring the data or be it about troubleshooting, the iPhone users rely heavily on iTunes to aid them with such matters. Adding music on the iPhone is pretty simple if you are using iTunes. The only problem is that the iPhone syncs with the iTunes which means that all the existing music will be replaced with the new one. Apart from that, there are instances where you are unable to access iTunes. For such scenarios, it is important to learn methods that allow you to add music without iTunes. Have a look at some of these methods.
Using Spotify Premium:
Spotify is a popular music streaming platform that offers many great services. If you have this app on your iPhone then you wouldn’t even need to transfer music to your iPhone. Since this article is focusing on alternatives that can help to add music to iPhone without the help of iTunes, you will need to get the Spotify premium membership. Then you will need to have Spotify on both the devices (computer and iPhone) to transfer music purchased from iTunes, Apple Music and any other mp4 files. Here are the simple steps that you need to follow.
1. Download the Spotify app on your computer. You can get it from www.spotify.com
2. Next, you will need to create a premium account to access the services. If you have already got a premium account then all you need to do is to log in access it.
3. Next, you will need to check your Spotify’ Preferences. To do that, you will need to click on the option Edit followed by clicking the option Preferences.
4. Locate the option Show Local Files and then toggle the switch on for it.
5. Now click on the option ADD A SOURCE under this header. Select the folder that contains your music files and click OK. Spotify will import the files in that folder.
6. Once imported, you will need to create a playlist of the files that you want to transfer. Click on the option Create and then drag the music files to the new playlist.
7. Once done, slide the Download switch at the top-right corner of the playlist to the On (green) position.
Now the computer part is done. The next stage is to get the Spotify app on your iPhone. Head to the App Store and download it for free. Once the download is complete, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Launch the Spotify app from the home screen.
2. Tap on the option Your Library which is located at the bottom-right of the screen.
3. Doing this will take you to the playlist tab. Now tap the new playlist you created on your computer. The contents of the playlist will appear.
4. Toggle on the switch for the option Download. Doing this will allow the iPhone to download the playlist so you can listen to it even when you are offline.
Using Finder for MacOS Catalina and Later:
If you own a Mac with OS Catalina or later then you can add music to iPhone without using iTunes. The process is a bit complicated, but once you learn it, you will be able to execute it easily. Here are the steps that you need to follow,
1. Launch the Finder on your Mac from the bottom of the screen.
2. Connect your iPhone to Mac and wait for the iPhone to appear in the left panel of Finder under the option Locations.
3. Click your iPhone in the left panel. Information about your iPhone will appear in the main (right) panel.
4. Click on the option Music which appears just beneath the panel appearing at the top of the screen.
5. Now locate and checkmark the option Sync Music onto your device.
6. Now you will be asked to select the music that you want to add to your device. It is entirely up to you if you want to select the Entire Music Library or if you would prefer to choose specific music like Selected Artists, Albums, Genres and Playlists.
7. Once you have selected either Entire Music Library or Selected Artists, Albums, Genres and Playlists, click on the option Apply or Sync that appears at the bottom of the screen.
Using Google Play:
Most of you may already have guessed how this method will pan out. If you haven’t, then you will be happy to know that this is the easiest way to add music to iPhone without using iTunes. Additionally, Google is a renowned name which means that you can trust it with your data protection. Here is what you will need to do.
1. Download and install the Google Music Manager on your computer at music.google.com. And sign in with a Gmail or YouTube account.
2. Once signed in, choose the option Upload Songs to Google Play.
3. Now locate the music folder to upload the songs. Wait for the upload to be completed.
4. Next, head to the App Store and download the Google Play Music app on your iPhone.
5. Launch the app on your iPhone and then sign in with your Google account.
6. Once the music has been loaded, you can start playing music. Additionally, you are also allowed to download the music for offline listening as well.
Alternatively, you can go for the Amazon Cloud Player as well. The process will remain the same and you will be able to get the music on your iPhone via the Amazon Music app. DropBox is another viable option that operates more or less the same as Google Music and Amazon Music.
After reading this article, it is safe to say that there are many other alternative options to transfer music if you do not want to use iTunes. All these methods will deliver for the purpose, but none of them is as straightforward as using iTunes. So, you can use these options, but try to use them only when you are unable to access iTunes.