While many people know about the Bookmarks feature in Safari, which allows you to save websites that you visit on a regular basis, or would like to refer to in the future, most remain unaware of the Favorites feature. The Favorites feature allows you to visit your favorite websites, by simply pressing a button. Your Favorites open up, as soon as you launch Safari, open a new tab, or open a new window.
By making use of the Favorites feature, you’ll be saving yourself the trouble of having to navigate to the same website day after day, using a cumbersome process. Wouldn’t it be easier if you could navigate to your favorite websites by simply pressing a button? You can easily add websites to your Favorites in Safari, by following the instructions below.
Add Favorites in Safari on Your Mac
There are a couple of ways to add a website to your Favorites on your Mac. Feel free to use the method that is most convenient for you. Both methods are fairly easy to carry out, and only require a few seconds of your time. In order to get started and learn how to add a website to Favorites on your Mac, follow the instructions below.
Drag the URL
1. Navigate to the website you would like to add to your Favorites.
2. Click the website link in the address bar, and drag the link to the toolbar that appears on the bottom of the address bar.
You’ve now dragged your selected website to your Favorites section. It’s that simple. All you had to do was drag and drop.
One Step Add Button
1. Navigate to the website that you would like to add to your Favorites.
2. Place your cursor on the left side of the address bar, until a plus icon appears.
3. Click and hold on the plus icon, and choose Favorites, from the drop-down menu that appears.
You’ve now added your selected website to your Favorites. It’s that easy. All you had to do was press a button.
For future references if you wish to manage the Favorites on your Mac, simple use the Favorites folder in the sidebar, your Favorites toolbar, or your Favorites page. It’s very easy to manage your Favorites. You can drag and drop in order to rearrange the order of your Favorites. If you wish to remove an item from your Favorites, simply right-click on the item, and from the drop-down menu that appears, click on Delete. Through right-clicking you’ll also have the option to rename, edit the address, or create a new folder for your Favorite.
Add Favorites in Safari on iPhone and iPad
If you thought adding Favorites using Safari was easy, then you’ll be surprised to discover that its even easier on your iPhone and iPad. The method below will only require a few seconds of your time. In order to get started and learn how to add a website to your Favorites on your iPhone or iPad, follow the instructions below.
1. Navigate to the website you would like to add as a Favorite.
2. Tap on the Share button towards the bottom of the screen. The button is a rectangle, with an arrow pointing upwards.
3. Tap on Add to Favorites.
4. You’ll then be presented with the option to change the display name for the website in your Favorites, if you wish to do so. Edit the name as you see fit.
5. Tap on Save in the top right corner of your screen.
You’ve now saved your selected website as a Favorite on your iPhone or iPad.
For future references, if you wish to manage your Favorites on your iPhone or iPad, simply open Safari, and tap on the Bookmarks button. Afterwards, navigate to the Favorites folder, and tap the Edit button. You’ll then be able to delete or rearrange your Favorites. You’ll also have the option to change the display name of a Favorite website, by tapping on it.
It’s best to save the websites you use on a daily basis as your Favorites, in order to save you a few seconds of your time every day.