One of the best parts about having a Netflix account is the possibility of being suggested content based on your viewing experience. However, if other people are using the same account, you might see movies and TV shows you have zero interest in. If you have kids, it’s like night and day with suggested media.
Rather than share a profile, you can create additional ones for others to use that have their own library of TV shows and movies and their own suggested content. It’s a lovely way of keeping your experience separate and pure.
Adding a Profile on Netflix with PC and Mac
1. What you’re going to do first is open a web browser and visit Netflix’s homepage. If you aren’t already, log in with your account.
2. In the top right corner, you’ll see your profile picture, however, to the right of it is a small triangle. Click on that arrow and it will reveal a drop down menu.
3. In the drop down menu, click Account. It’s near the bottom.
4. Now, scroll down to the bottom of the page. You should see a subsection called ‘MY PROFILE,’ and to the right is the current profile you’re signed into. To the right of that, click Manage Profile.
5. From here you should see all profiles created (most likely only one). But more importantly, click Add Profile.
6. Give the profile a name. If you are creating a Netflix profile for your child and you want certain content hidden, place a checkmark in the Kid? box. Only content suitable for children 12 and below will appear. Click Continue.
Adding a Profile on Netflix with Android
1. First, launch the Netflix application and sign in with your account, if you haven’t already.
2. Once Netflix is opened to the main menu, tap the ‘hamburger’ menu icon located in the top left corner of your screen. It’s the three horizontal lines. In doing so, a panel will open from the left hand side.
3. At the top of the menu, tap on your profile picture. When you do, you will be redirected to the ‘Who’s Watching?’ page.
4. At the bottom of the page, tap Add Profile.
4. Tap on the empty text field under Name and give the profile a name.
5. If this account is for a child, you can limit the content they see by putting a checkmark in For Kids. Only content suitable for children 12 and under will appear.
6. When everything looks good, tap Save in the top right corner of your screen.
Adding a Profile on Netflix with iOS
1. Your first move is to open the Netflix app and, if you have not done so, sign in with your Netflix account.
2. In the bottom right corner, tap More. It’s the three horizontal lines.
3. At the top of the More menu, you’ll see your profile. To the right of it, tap Add Profile.
4. First, you will be asked to choose an icon for this particular profile. In order to move forward with creating the profile, you’ll have to choose one.
5. Next, give the profile a name.
6. Before you proceed, if this account is for kids and wish to limit the content they see, move the slider to the right next to FOR KIDS. Only content suitable for children 12 and under will appear.
7. Tap Save in the top right corner.