The Snapchat profile picture used to consist of either a ghost of a GIF of something – most likely your face. This allowed people to know what you looked like, and it gave people a reason to add you back especially if they knew you. A few years ago, you were age to add a profile ‘photo’ or video to your Snapchat profile but now, you only have the option to add a Bitmoji or just use the default Snapchat person.
The Bitmoji character is a character that you create when you first make your account. Once you’ve created it, you can edit it when you want, and it changes the character for the entire account, so you won’t have to change it anywhere else.
You can change how your Bitmoji looks, and the type of post that it’s doing. When you change it, this will be shown to everyone who tries to snap you. So, unfortunately, you can add a profile picture or video to your profile, you can only change or remove your Bitmoji.
Snapchat and Bitmoji are, again, linked because they share a parent company and, due to that link, they are integrated with one another. Now, you can edit your Bitmoji through Snapchat, thanks to a dedicated option or through the Bitmoji app. It doesn’t matter which app you use to edit your Bitmoji.
1. Launch the ‘Snapchat’ app.
2. Tap your profile picture in the top left corner of the screen or swipe down, from the top, to open your profile.
3. Scroll down to ‘Bitmoji.’ Underneath you’ll see ‘Edit my Bitmoji’ and ‘Change Outfit.’ Select either one.
4. Swipe your hand to the left and right to switch the different features that can be altered, like hair color, eye color, makeup or no makeup, outfits, and even the shape of your Bitmoji’s head, to only name a few.
5. Tap the green checkmark at the top right corner when you’re satisfied.
Deleting Bitmoji and Using Snapchats Default Person
If you no longer want to have a bitmoji and you just want to use Snapcaht default person, you;ll have to unlink your Bitmoji from your Snapchat.
1. Open your Snapchat App
2. Tap the Profile icon at the top of your screen to open your Profile screen
3. Finally, tap Unlink My Bitmoji and this will unlink your accounts from each other