Why Can’t I Send a Message on Hinge
1. Poor Internet Connection
A common issue that causes lots of problems when it comes to using any sort of social media app is making sure that the internet connection you are using actually works and allows you to stay connected to the internet and therefore use the features that the social media app provides.
Think about it this way: if you do not have a good internet connection, then chances are that you won’t be able to connect to the internet, and services that would usually be available for you to use in whatever app you are using, will no longer be available to you. There is no exception in this case with Hinge.
By ensuring that your internet connection is up to the best standards, you will get the best service when using the app. Follow the next troubleshooting steps to find the solution to the issue of being unable to send a message on Hinge.
Fix – Turn Your WI-FI Off Then On
Most users will ensure that instead of being connected to their mobile data, they are connected to their home Wi-Fi or a public connection to limit how much mobile data they use.
When using wifi, you often need to make sure that the connection you are using is connected and has access to the internet, besides making sure that the connection is also safe for them to use.
However, if you are connected to a Wifi network that does not have any access to the internet, but you are still connected, then this will most likely limit what kind of access you have to certain features on some of the apps that you use the most, and this includes the feature on Instagram stories that allows you to like someone else’s story.
You will want to try and turn off your wifi in order to see if this is the issue that you are having. Follow the next steps to ensure you can successfully turn off your wifi network.
1. Close the Hinge app on your phone.
2. Go ahead and head over to your main menu on your phone and locate the settings app on your phone.
3. Once you find yourself on your Settings main menu, find the option that allows you to edit your phone’s Wifi settings.
4. Click on this option in order to go ahead and start fixing the issues with your wifi.
5. Once here, click on the disable button to turn off the Wifi connection to your phone.
6. Once the wifi is turned off, go ahead and try to open up the Instagram app again to check if turning off your Wi-Fi network helped with being able to send a message on the Hinge app.
Fix 2 – If You’re Using Data, Get Into an Area With Better Signal
Sometimes when Wifi networks are unavailable, and all you have to connect to the internet is the data that your mobile carrier provides, you might notice that your signal might not be as strong as it used to be.
In order to try and get the best signal possible, you should try moving into an area that you know has a better signal. This might mean moving into an area that is free from any obstructions and is open in order to receive the best signal you can.
Fix 3 – Switch from WI-FI to Data Vice Versa
You will also want to try playing around with whether the internet signal you are receiving is stronger when you are connected to Wi-Fi than when you are connected to your mobile data.
Play around with disabling both sources of internet connections to verify which one can provide a more stable and stronger connection depending on where you find yourself at the moment.
There are a few steps you can take in order to switch between connections to find the best one for you.
1. Head over to the Settings menu on your device.
2. Once you are at your phone’s Settings menu, head over to the option to see the Wi-Fi connections available for your device.
3. If your Wifi is enabled, click to disable it and go ahead and confirm your action.
4. Once you have disabled the wifi connection, wait a few seconds before enabling the connection to turn the wifi back on your phone.
5. Once the Wi-Fi is back on your phone, head over to the Hinge app once more to verify if you can message another user.
6. If the signal is still not stable and you wish to verify if your mobile data is stronger than the Wifi connection, then you will need to follow the previous steps again.
7. Once you have disabled the Wifi connection, head out of your Settings and open up the Hinge app.
8. Verify if switching over to your data connection has allowed you to message other users on the Hinge app.
Fix 4 – Turn Off VPN
Something that has become pretty common in the tech world is for everyone to be using a VPN or a Virtual Private Network to keep their browsing history and traffic as safe as possible.
However, when you end up using a VPN, this can limit the kinds of features available to you when you have the VPN enabled. This might be one of the reasons you cannot use the messaging feature when it comes to using Hinge.
In order to verify if this might be the reason that you are not able to send messages on Hinge.
This is something that is as simple as it was to disable your Wifi connection. Follow the next steps in order to turn off your VPN and verify if this can fix your issues with Hinge.
1. Start by closing any apps you are on, including the Hinge app, to ensure that when you open up those apps again, you can use your mobile data instead of the previous Wifi connection.
2. Once all of your previous apps have been closed, go ahead and head over to the main menu on your device.
3. Find the Settings app on your main menu and open this up.
4. Scroll down the Settings menu until you are able to locate the option for the VPN menu.
5. Click on the VPN option. Click on the disable or turn off the option that is found within the VPN menu.
6. Once the Wi-Fi is disabled, you will notice that the VPN icon has disappeared.
7. Once your VPN has been turned off, go ahead and open the Hinge app and verify if this has fixed the issue you were having with not being able to send other users messages on the Hinge app.
2. There’s A Bug
Something you want to consider if you notice that you can no longer send messages to other users on the Hinge app is that the app may be dealing with a bug or software glitch.
These kinds of glitches in any type of social media app are very common and are not something that should stress you out too much.
Because these bugs and glitches are so common, there are quite a few methods you can follow to troubleshoot the bug and find the root of the issue, causing you not to be able to send any messages on the Hinge app.
The next troubleshooting methods will guide you along the way to getting rid of the potential bug that is in your TikTok app.
Fix – Clear Your Cache to Get Rid of Hinge Bugs
You should try to clear the cache to get rid of any bugs. Clearing an app’s cache helps get rid of bugs since it essentially clears an app’s memory and clears any potential glitches and bugs. Try the following steps to clear the Hinge app’s cache.
1. To start off, you will want to open up the app and go to the Profile of the user in order to go ahead and change the settings.
2. On the Profile page, click on the gear icon that will lead you to the Settings page of the Instagram profile.
3. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the Settings in the profile of the user.
4. When at the Settings page, find the option that says Privacy and Security.
5. Once you are there, you will want to click on View Account Data.
6. Under Account Data, you will be able to see the option to clear cache data.
7. Go ahead and confirm that you want to clear the cache within the Hinge app.
8. You have now cleared the cache data on the Hinge app.
Fix 2 – Update Hinge to Get Rid Of Bugs
Another simple fix that can be performed to see if you can get rid of any potential bugs or software glitches that the Hinge app may be dealing with is to go ahead and try to update the app to see if this will get rid of any bugs.
When you go ahead and try to update any kind of app, if the app does have any sort of update available, then the app will get updated to the most recent software that the app’s technical team has created.
This means that if the app previously had any kind of glitches or bugs and the team was able to get these fixed, then when you go ahead and download the most recent software update for the app, these bugs should be taken care of and should be resolved after that.
Try the next steps to move forward with downloading an update for the app and try to get rid of the bugs that the app could have previously had.
1. Go ahead and completely close Hinge if you were previously using it.
2. Once the app is fully closed, you will want to move forward with opening your phone’s app store.
3. The App Store on your phone is typically found on your phone’s home screen.
4. After you have located the app store for your phone, you will want to use the search function in the app store in order to look up Hinge.
5. This search will take you to the Hinge page in the App Store.
6. Here you will be able to see if there is an update available or not for the app.
7. On the left-hand side of the page, you will be able to see two options depending on what is available for the app at the time.
8. If an update is available, you will be able to see the option to Update the app. If this is here, go ahead and click on this option. Once you have confirmed this, the app will go ahead and automatically update on its own and will let you know when it has updated.
9. If you only see the option to Open the app, then this means that there is no recent update to the app available in the App Store. This means that the app version that you currently have downloaded on your phone is the most updated version.
Fix 3 – Uninstall and Reinstall the App
1. Go ahead and start off by closing the app.
2. Once the app is closed, you will want to hold down on the app icon for a few seconds until the icon starts to shake.
3. After the icon starts shaking, you will be able to see that there is an X on the upper right-hand corner of the icon.
4. Once the X appears, you will want to go ahead and click on the X. Clicking on this X will prompt you to confirm if you want to delete the app from your device.
5. Go ahead and confirm that you wish to delete the app from your device. Confirming this will start the process of uninstalling the app from your phone.
6. Once the app icon has disappeared from your screen, the app has been uninstalled. Now you will want to begin with the process of reinstalling the app once again.
7. In order to reinstall the app, you will need to head over to your App Store on your phone. This is usually found on the main menu of your device.
8. After you have located the App Store on your phone, head over to the search bar in the App Store and search for Hinge.
9. This will bring up the results for the app. The first result is usually the one that will be mostly related to the app. Click on this result.
10. Because the app has been uninstalled, you will now have the option to Install the app. Click on Install and follow the next prompted steps in order to finish the process of reinstalling the app once again on your device.
Fix 5 – Contact Hinge Support
If, after trying all of the previously mentioned troubleshooting options that were provided, you still have not been able to resolve the issues you were having with being able to send messages to other users on the Hinge app or webpage, then it might be time to go ahead and try to contact the Hinge support team in order to get their input as to what might be the reason you are having these issues.
The Hinge support team is easy to get ahold of, and a simple search for the right contact information will lead you to be able to get ahold of someone who will be able to help you.
Whether through a virtual chat, a phone call, or email, find the right contact option for you to try and contact the Hinge support team to get support with your issue.
Fix 6 – Wait For Them To Come Out With A Fix
Many times, there are bugs and issues that even customer support will not be able to fix at the moment that they are contacted.
At this point, the issue must be escalated to have the app’s technical team try to come up with a solution to the issue, as many more users might also be experiencing these problems with the app.
When it comes to these kinds of scenarios, there is only one thing that users can do, and this is that they must simply wait until the technical team within Instagram can come out with a fix for the potential bug or software glitch that the app is dealing with.
This process might take a few weeks or months, so simply waiting is the only option until the feature becomes available again.
3. Hinge Is Down
Fix – Wait For Hinge To Go Back Up
Lastly, as can happen with many apps, the social media app itself can be down and unavailable, making lots of the features unavailable to the app users.
When an app is down, the app and its features cannot be used to their full extent, and this is something that can happen for many reasons, such as software updates or internet problems with the servers that the social media app uses.
4. There’s An Issue With Your Device
Fix – Force Restart Device
1. Close the Hinge app or the last app that you were on.
2. Once you find yourself on the menu, tap and hold on both the power button and any of the volume buttons on the side of your device.
3. Make sure to press and hold both of the buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
4. After pressing down for a few seconds, you will notice that your device’s screen will turn black.
5. Once the screen turns black, let go of the buttons. The restart process will begin.
6. After your device has restarted, you should have your device turn back on as it normally would.
7. Open up the Hinge app and head over to your messages.
8. Check if you have any updated messages and if you can send users messages.
Fix 2 – Update Device
1. Locate the Home and volume buttons on your device.
2. Once you have found them, press down on the Home button and one of the Volume buttons until the logo on your phone screen appears.
3. Let go of the buttons once the logo appears.
4. After this, wait for the device to restart on its own.
5. Once the device has restarted, open up the Uber app and head over to your Notifications.
6. Check if you have any updated notifications and if the old notifications have been removed.