Snapchat is one of the social networks that strongly encourages their users to use the app more that any other network. You can tell this because they have a score that goes up the more you use the app and rates you, and the app gives you Streaks for talking to other users multiple days in a row.
These features make using the app almost like playing a game which none of the other social networking apps have done this. Facebook and Instagram don’t have Scores for how many pictures you have liked, or messages sent.
Streaks are a pretty simple concept to grasp in the Snapchat, but the Score that the app provides for each user has always been somewhat of a mystery. Snapchat keeps the secret behind the score they give out a secret, but many people that use the app regularly have of course figured it out.
The more you use the app, the higher your score gets. The number grows every time you send or receive a snap to or from someone. Now, in the younger group of people using the Snapchat app there is more of a competition about the score you have more than in the older aged users.
Some users want to increase their score to show off how many people talk to them, while other users just want to hide the number because they don’t talk to very many people, or they don’t even care to show how popular they are. The question left here is can you hide your Snap score or is it there forever and there is nothing you can do about it.
Where is my Snapchat Score
When you first open your Snapchat app, it will open to the camera interface and is ready to take a photo or video. Open your profile page by tapping on the bitmoji or Snapchat avatar in the top left corner of this screen. If you have a bitmoji account linked to your Snapchat account you will see that. If you have posted a snap to your story in the last 24 hours you will see a circle with your latest post inside it. If you don’t have a bitmoji and you haven’t posted to your story in the last day then you will just have a gray icon that looks like a persons head and shoulders.
After you open your profile page, you should notice that there are quite a few things happening on this page. Under your name you will see your Snapcode, which is how you contact info with ease, your Snapchat score is also below your name. Your Snapchat score is based on multiple different things, but is a total score of how you use, and how much you use your Snap account.
What Goes Into Making My Snapchat Score?
The best guess is that sending and receiving a snap is worth one point toward your score and posting to your story is worth one point as well. When you send a snap to more than one person at a time it doesn’t seem to be worth any more than sending it to one person.
Really the only reason this score exists is to give users something to talk about or even spark an interest in using the app more to get a “Higher Score” than your friends. Just a little trick to get people to use their app more. A trick that works too. If you tap on your Snapchat score there will be two other numbers that appear. These numbers stand for how many snaps you have sent first and how many snaps you have received after that.
How Do You Hide Your Snapchat Score?
The bad thing is you can’t hide your score on Snapchat from users that have access to your profile. However, if you both don’t add each other as friends there is no way for them to see your score. This will make things easy on you when trying to eliminate the people you don’t want to see your score.
All you have to do is remove them as a friend on the app. If it is someone that you still want to be your friend on Snapchat, then there is sadly nothing you can do to keep them from seeing your Snapchat score. In the future there may be more privacy on Snapchat, but for now there isn’t any way to do this.
Making Your Profile Private to Limit Who Sees Your Score
You can set your profile to private to keep people from adding you to see your Snap score. This will help limit who can see your profile details.
1. First, you need to open your Snapchat App on your mobile device and login if you aren’t already
2. Next, Tap on the Profile Icon in the top left corner to open your profile page
3. Now, Tap the Gear Icon in the top right corner of your screen to open up your Settings Menu
4. Scroll down to the Who Can section of your settings and tap on the Contact Me
5. Here, tap the My Friends option and this will make it to where only your Snapchat Friends can contact you with video snaps, photos, chats and calls. When someone who isn’t your friend tries to message you, you will get a notification telling you. If you add them as a friend, you will be able to see their snap then.
6. Now you want to tap the back button in the top left corner of the screen to go back to the Setting Menu
7. Go back to the Who Can section and tap on View My Story
8. Tap My Friends again here. This will make sure only your Snapchat friends can see your Story. There is also a Custom option where you can pick and choose who can and can’t see your story
9. Tap the back button in the top left corner of the screen to go back to the Settings Menu again
10. In the Who Can section, tap the See Me in Quick Add option
9. A Check Box will show up that turns off the ability for your Friends Friends to add you from the Quick Add section if you Uncheck it
10. Go back to the Who Can section of your Settings Menu one last time and tap the See My Location option. Choose the Ghost Mode option to hide your location from everyone.