There have been some consumers of the app complaining about not being able to send messages to recipients. Many users wanted to know why their messages weren’t showing up. Is it a bug? Is it an internal issue?
Mostly, the person you are sending the message to may not be online. No one really knows for sure. So, in this article, you are about to learn some handy tips and tricks to counteract this issue if you have encountered this problem and looking for a little help.
Why Aren’t My Messages Sending Grindr?
1. Poor Internet Connection
If you encounter any aggravating issues, such as not being able to send messages on Grindr, it is also always essential to check your internet connection. If you are using Wi-Fi connection, try resetting your modem.
Before you reset the modem, log out of your Grindr account first. Once you are logged out, then proceed with resetting your modem. The reset process may take a couple of minutes.
After the modem is reset and you are connected to your device, log back into your Grindr account using your credentials and attempt to see if you can send a message.
Overall, your internet connection is the heart that keeps the signal pumping through the veins of your devices. Sometimes taking care of the connection issue will get your app back running to its’ full potential.
Fix – Turn Your WI-FI Off Then On
Sometimes, if you are not able to send messages to other users, it could be due to an issue with the personal device that you are using.
If you are connected to Wi-Fi, you need to disconnect from your Wi-Fi signal and reconnect again.
If you are using an Android, to disconnect from your Wi-Fi signal, you must:
1. On your home screen, take your finger, scroll from the top, and pull down until you see a button bar at the top.
You will see buttons for your internet connection, data connection, Bluetooth connection, flashlight, rotation, etc.
2. If you are connected to Wi-Fi, the button for the Wi-Fi connection would be highlighted in a particular color showing that you are connected.
The Wi-Fi connection would be named or titled.
3. Tap on the Wi-Fi connection, and the button will no longer be highlighted. Once the highlight disappears, that is a sign that you are not connected to Wi-Fi.
4. Leave the connection off for about 3 to 5 minutes.
5. After 3 to 5 minutes have passed, tap the Wi-Fi button again so the button will highlight again, showing that you are now connected to the Wi-Fi signal.
If you are using an iOS device, to turn off your Wi-Fi connection, you must:
1. From your home screen, go to settings and then tap Wi-Fi.
2. If your Wi-Fi is turned on, tap it to disconnect the signal.
The Wi-Fi network would be named in your Wi-Fi settings.
3. Follow the same protocol for waiting 3 to 5 minutes before reconnecting the Wi-Fi signal and then reconnecting the signal once more.
4. Finally, log back in using your Grindr credentials if you are logged out of your Grindr account.
5. Once you successfully log in, navigate to your messages thread to see if you can send a message to anyone.
Fix 2 – Switch from WI-FI to Data
If you have turned off your Wi-Fi and switched it back on and there is still no progress, the next option would be to switch from your Wi-Fi signal to your data connection. This step allows you to consolidate the issue to see if the problem is your Wi-Fi connection.
If you are using an Android, to switch to your data connection, you must:
1. First, log out of your Grindr account.
2. On your home screen, take your finger and swipe from the top of your screen, and pull down until you see buttons for your Wi-Fi, data, flashlight, etc.
3. If your Wi-Fi connection is highlighted, tap the Wi-Fi button so the highlight will disappear, and then tap your data button to switch on your data option.
4. Once this is done, log into your Grindr account, and navigate to your chats to see if your messages will come up and if you can send a message.
For individuals using an iOS device, to switch on your data, you must:
1. From your home screen, navigate to your settings, then Wi-Fi. If your connection is available, tap the Wi-Fi switch to turn it off.
2. To turn on your data from your settings, if you are already in settings, go to cellular, then turn your cellular data on from that screen.
3. Once connected to your data service, go back to your Grindr app, open it, and log back in. Once logged back in, navigate to your chats and ensure you can send messages to other users.
Fix 3 – Turn Off VPN
A VPN provides an encrypted server and highs your IP address from corporations, government agencies, and possible hackers.
If you are connected to a VPN connection, this may be the cause of why you send messages on Grindr.
If you are connected to a VPN connection, and you are looking to disconnect the VPN, for Android users, you must:
1. First, log out of your Grindr account.
2. Go to your phone’s settings and look for the network and internet or connections menu
3. Tap on VPN and select the VPN profile.
4. Depending on your phone’s manufacturer, you may see a toggle switch, in which case toggle off the VPN, or if you are prompted with a disconnect button, disconnect the VPN using that button.
To disconnect the VPN for iOS users, you must:
1. First, log out of your Grindr account.
2. Tap the VPN slider near the top of the settings app to disconnect from the VPN. Another way to disconnect from the VPN and the settings you will go under settings, then tap General, and select VPN. To disconnect the VPN, tap the status option at the top of the page and then set it to the off position.
3. Once you have disconnected from your VPN on your Android or iOS device, this should allow your Wi-Fi and cellular data to have a smoother functionality. In other words, disconnecting the VPN allows less interference when using your Grindr app.
4. After disconnecting the VPN, log back into your Grindr account using your credentials and navigate to your chats to check if you can send messages to other online people.
2. There’s A Bug
Bugs are weird little things. Yes, we are talking about technical bugs. Having a tech bug is just the worse. Whenever there is a bug with the app you are using, this can slow down the flow of the app and its features.
Usually, when this happens, you can get rid of the issue with simple troubleshooting steps that you can perform on your own.
Some of those steps include clearing the cache storage, updating the app to the latest version, reinstalling the application on your device, contacting support for further inquiry, or waiting for the developers to release a resolution to fix the problem.
The first method you are about to explore is logging out and back in.
Fix – Log Out Then Back In
Logging entirely out and then back in is a way to reset the app. This will allow you to reset the app’s flow without turning your device off and back on.
To log out of your Grindr, you must:
1. Scroll toward the bottom of the Home screen.
2. From there, tap on the Settings option. From the settings screen, scroll down to the bottom of the screen a tap on the Log Out option.
3. Once you are logged out, sign back into the app with your credentials.
After you go back into the Grindr app, navigate your messages to attempt to send a message. If there is no change after resetting the app, you may want to consider the next alternative.
Fix 2 – Update Grindr to Get Rid Of Bugs
Updating your app constantly improves the speed of the app, as well as maneuvering within the app to check messages, comments, and send messages. An update will defeat the problem without a doubt.
To update your Grindr app on your iOS device, you can follow these simple steps:
1. Open your app store on your iPhone.
2. Tap these search icon and search for the Grindr l app.
4. Once you have located the BeReal app, it will show the application is installed. Once the application is installed, you will also be able to see if an update is available.
5. If you see a button that says update next to the title Grindr, tap the update button, and the app will immediately update.
6. Once the Grindr app has officially updated, you can attempt to sign back into your account to see if you can send messages to available recipients.
Performing an update is a simple system reboot of the app. This will remove any bugs or internal issues with the application so you can continue enjoying all this app offers.
For Android consumers, you can update the Grindr app by doing the following:
1. Open the Google Play Store
2. In the search bar, type in the search bar “Grindr” to locate the Grindr app in your stored apps.
3. Once you have located the BeReal app, underneath the application, you will see an option to uninstall or update.
4. Tap the Update option.
5. The app will automatically start to update.
6. Once the app has updated, navigate back to the app on your home screen or your app drawer and open the app.
If you have updated the app and you still have an issue with sending messages to other users, you might want to attempt the following method listed in this information.
Fix 3 – Clear Your Cache to Get Rid of Grindr Bugs
To clear out your cache, you must do the following:
If you are using an Android device, go into your device settings and to apps; once your app’s window is open, locate the Grindr application. Open the Grindr settings; you will see options to force close, clear data, and clear cache.
You will select the option to clear the cache. To be safe, once your cache is removed, it would be best to force close the app if the application was previously opened.
After the cache is cleared and the app is forced closed, reopen the Grindr app, navigate to your message threads, and see if you can send a message to other available users online.
Caches can sneak up on you when you least expect it. Many people pay this no mind because they only focus on using the rather than how much storage is being used from the app. Better yet, people don’t focus on how the storage is used either.
So, if you want this app to operate correctly, you might have to clean house on your cache storage. If that didn’t resolve this aggravating problem, attempt the next alternative to see what can be done.
Fix 4 – Uninstall and Reinstall the App
If you are using an Android, you will most likely have the Google Play Store in your apps. To uninstall the Grindr app, log out of the account, open the Google Play Store, and locate the Grindr app under your installed applications.
Next to the Grindr app, you will see the option to uninstall it. Tap the Uninstall button and allow the application to clear successfully from your device.
Once the Grindr app has been uninstalled, reinstall the application by tapping the install button. Once you install the app, it may take a moment for the application to install back to your device.
Once the Grindr app is installed, you will open the app and log in with your credentials, navigate to your message threads and attempt to send a message to other available users online.
For users who have an iPhone and want to uninstall the app without going to the App Store, you will press and hold the Grindr app until it starts to wiggle. From there, options will appear, and one of those options would be to uninstall the app.
You will tap uninstall. Once the application is uninstalled, you would go back to your app store and re-download or reinstall the Grindr application on your device.
As for an iOS device, once the app is reinstalled, locate the app on your home screen or in your apps and open the app to log in. Once the application is open, navigate back to your message threads and attempt to send a message to available online users.
Fix 5 – Contact Grindr Support
If you have done all you can at this point, you may have become tired of the issue. Well, I wouldn’t give up too soon if I were you. There is still another option left. And that option is to contact Grindr support for further inquiry.
One way of contact support is by reaching out on the Help Center page of the Grindr app. You can access the Help Center by navigating to your app settings and scrolling until you see the Contact Us tab.
After tapping on Contact Us, you will tap on Help/Support. From here, you can search in the search bar for the issue you are having. Also, you can reach out to support via email at [email protected].
Reaching out to support will lift the problem off your shoulders and into the hands of a support representative. Either the representatives will have the resolution to your problem via email, or there are some helpful articles available to assist with troubleshooting the problem.
Fix 6 – Wait For Them To Come Out With A Fix
If nothing else has prevailed and you have done all you can do, you may have to take a moment, take a deep inhale and exhale, and wait for the application developers to reach out with a fix for the problem.
The positivity in waiting for developers to reach out with a fix is if you have an active email account set up for your Grindr account, Grindr representatives will reach out to its consumers confirming they are aware of the persisting issue.
Mostly, it could be because the app may release an update. Updates are super common and are unexpected. If an update is being prepared to release, there is going to be a little commotion before the update lands.
So, you will experience little bugs such as not being able to send messages to other online accounts. Moreover, most developers of apps would notify their consumers if a fix is available.
If a fix is released to the public, it’s extremely vital to follow through with the steps as intended so that the issue will go away.
Whatever steps are released for a fix, the developers take time to consider every aspect of the issue, from the number of consumers who complained about the problem to what is causing the problem.
With that being said, Grinder developers have a strategic agenda lined up to tackle any issues that are ongoing strategically.
3. Grindr Is Down
This is the last thing on planet Earth anyone wants to hear. To get a notification that an app is down will cause you to throw the world’s biggest fit. If the server for an app is down, there is little that we do to resolve the issue.
Fix – Wait For Grindr To Go Back Up
When an application or website isn’t working as it should, such as Grindr, it is possibly due to the server for that app or website currently being down. This can make users give up on using the app. So, the only option to accept is to wait for the server of the Grindr app to come back up.
It’s prevalent for internal issues to come about, even for applications such as Grindr. In that case, the app developers will notify consumers via email (or text message if applicable), letting them know there is an ongoing issue and that they are working hard to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
So, don’t give up and fret over the server being down. Trust me; you will be back to sending messages in no time.
Grindr has made an excellent addition to the mobile dating world. It allows gay men from all walks of life to meet and connect with one another.
If you encounter an issue with not being able to send messages to another recipient, you must check your internet connection to ensure your internet is not the problem.
You can do this by turning your Wi-Fi off and then back on, switching from Wi-Fi to data connection, and signing out of your VPN if you are using a virtual personal connection.
And if there’s a bug, you can update your Grindr app to eliminate the bugs, clear your cache storage, and uninstall and reinstall the application.
And if you’ve done all you could do, you may want to contact support for further inquiry or wait for a fix to be released to its consumers. Also, when you reach out to support with this issue, you may be able to get to the bottom of the issue right away with helpful responses.
Whatever the case is, if you encounter this issue, you have wonderful alternatives to resort to. Before you know it, you’ll be right back to sending those flirting messages to your favorite Grindr crush.