All the latest iPhones are coming with a minimum of 32 GB of storage. More storage means the luxury to download as many apps you want. However, downloading too many apps has a drawback too. Sometimes, you are looking for an app on your home screen but you simply cannot locate it. Likewise, you download an app from the App Store but it doesn’t show on your home screen. The question is, where these apps disappeared and how to locate them?
If this is happening with you on iPhone or iPad then don’t worry, you are not alone in this. There are several other users who have reported the same issue, and hence looking for the answers. The good news, however, is that this issue can easily be addressed and for that, you just need to run through these tips:
The first step should be the basic one. You just have to search your app via the spotlight search. You can do that by:
1. Swipe downwards from the middle of your iPhone/iPad home screen to launch Spotlight Search.
2. Now type in the complete name of the App you want to locate.
3. In the results, you will be able to see the app under the section Applications.
4. If your search result doesn’t show the app you wanted to locate then it doesn’t exist on your iPhone.
5. However, you can download that app directly from the App Store by locating and tapping the app name under the section App Store.
6. Searching the App name also informs you about the folder name in which this app is located. If there is no folder name across the app name then it means that the app is located on the home screen.
Some people tend to keep their home screen clear of app icons and therefore place their apps in different folders category wise. Sometimes, users forget the folders in which they have put their apps and hence struggle to find it.
In this case, they need to individually check every folder on their phone as some apps could be mistakenly placed in the wrong folders. If there are too many apps in one folder then it distributes in two pages. Always scroll right or left to check if there are any additional pages in the folder.
Utilize App Store
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Tap the option Search which is placed at the bottom right corner of your screen.
3. Now type in the complete name of the app you are looking.
4. Your app will appear in the search results. Simply tap Open to launch it.
5. If the app appears and doesn’t show the option Open then this app doesn’t exist on your iPhone. You can download it by clicking the iCloud icon located across the app.
Siri is always there to help you only if you have enabled. You may have to enable it if it is disabled. Once done, Follow these simple steps.
1. If you have enabled Hey Siri option then just say Hey Siri open (the app name you want to search).
2. If Hey Siri option is disabled then tap your home button or side button and wait for Siri to appear. Once appeared, ask or type in the app name you want to search.
3. Siri will open the app for you if it is available on your iPhone.
The feature Restrictions has the capacity to block any application or content on your phone. if this feature is enabled and applied on a specific app then you won’t be able to open or even locate that app on your phone. To check Restrictions:
1. Go to the Settings.
2. Tap on the option Screen Time.
3. Next, tap on the option Content and Privacy Restrictions.
4. Enter the passcode if asked.
5. Toggle the feature Content & Privacy Restrictions Off and then search the app you are looking for.
iOS 11 brought many new features with its arrival, and one of these features was Offload Unused Apps. What this feature does is that it allows you to offload apps that you no longer use. Doing this helps the user to free some storage on your device. If you can’t find an app then it is likely that it may have been offloaded mistakenly by you. to check that:
1. Go to the Settings.
2. Tap on the option iTunes and App Store.
3. Locate the option Offload Unused Apps and toggle it off.
4. Once done, re-search the app you are looking for and you may be able to find it.