iMessage is the internet-based messaging service provided by Apple – it’s available on the iPhone and iPad. iMessage is built on top of the Message app and It lets you do basic things like send texts, photos, videos, emojis, and GIFs. iMessage requires an internet connection so that means you don’t need an iPhone just to send texts, you can also access iMessage on Mac.
If you love the iMessage platform and you want to access it on your PC, there are a few ways that you can do it. This means that you can continuously message friends and family in the workplace and at home if you no longer have access to a Mac.
1. Chrome Remote Desktop
Chrome remote desktop allows you to access your Mac computer over the internet. To use the Chrome Remote Desktop extension, you need to set up iMessage on your Mac. If you don’t have a Mac PC, with iMessage installed, you won’t be able to access your Mac with the Remote Desktop.
With this method, you’ll only be able to access iMessage from your Mac only when it’s turned on and connected to the internet.
1. Install Chrome Remote Desktop on both Mac and Windows PC. You must be signed into Google and you can download it in the Chrome Web Store.
2. Select Launch app. You may be taken to another tab that contains a list of google apps, just go back to the previous tab.
3. Under My Computers, click Get started.
4. Install the downloaded Chrome Remote Desktop Host Installer. You’ll be promoted on your PC to download the host installer on your Mac. Click OK.
5. Create a PIN code for Host Installer.
6. Open Chrome Remote Desktop on your Mac. Sign into the same Google Chrome account. From here, you’ll see your PCs ID.
7. Enter the PIN code you created on your PC. Once you’ve entered the code, your sharing session will begin. From here, you can use iMessage on your PC.
If you want to use Chrome Remote Desktop on another PC:
1. Sign into Chrome using the google account that has Chrome Remote Desktop installed.
2. Open the Chrome Remote Desktop app. If you can’t find it, search chrome://app in the address bar and find the app.
3. Under My Computers, look for your Mac. Double click it to establish a connection.
4. Type in the pin that was created and click Connect. Once a connection has been established, you’ll see your Macs desktop on your PC.
5. Click the Message app to start using iMessage on your PC.
2. Remote Messages Cydia
Remote Message is a browser-based front-end for the iMessage app – this replicated the functionalities of the Message app so you can access it on a browser. The downside to using the is that it cost $4 and you need to jailbreak your iPhone.
When you jailbreak your device, you’re freeing up limitation that are imposed by apple such as only downloading apps in the app store. When you jailbreak your device, you can download apps that aren’t available in the App Store.
Jailbreaking your device can sometimes go wrong and the last thing you want is to lose all of your data. You need to backup your device with iCloud so that you can restore it if anything goes wrong.
Settings > [Device name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup > Back Up Now.
Update your iPhone:
Before you jailbreak your iPhone, you need update your iPhone to prevent anything from going wrong. Jailbreaking an iPhone that isn’t up to date can cause the jailbreak to fail. If there’s a new iOS update available on your device, you should install it. Go to Settings > General > Software Update > Check for Updates > Install.
1. Go to and download Zjailbreak on your iOS device. If you do this on your computer, it won’t work as you need Safari to access this site.
2. Go to the Pangu page to Download and Install Ziyu.
3. Open Ziyu app and tap Copy on Cydia.
4. Go back to the Ziyu app and tap Extract repo.
5. Paste the copied link from the repo your copied.
6. Click Extract to jailbreak the iPhone.
7. Open Cydia and install Remote Messages. Once install Cydia will ask you to Respring your iPhone, click the button to proceed.
8. After this, you’ll need to configure the Remote Messages app by going into settings and setting and username and password. From here, you can connect Remote Messages over WIFI so that you can access iMessage on your Windows PC.
3. Mac Emulator
If you don’t want to jailbreak your iPhone and you don’t have a mac to install Chrome Remote Desktop on, you can use a Mac emulator on your PC. iPadian 2 is an iPad emulator that allows your Windows PC to run iOS apps. Make sure to use virus protect because this app can be unreliable.
1. Download the iPadian emulator.
2. Install and run the download on your PC.
3. Open the emulator and accept the terms and conditions.
4. Search for iMessage and download it to your PC. This store will have all the popular iOS apps available for you to install.
5. Open iMessage and sign in.