There are many users who have been complaining about the app not downloading these fun games. If you have encountered this issue previously and are looking for a resolution, you are in the right place and at the right time.
In this article, you will learn about what causes the issues and what tips and tricks to use to get rid of the issue so you can get back to kicking butt on those awesome games.
Why Won’t Game Pigeon Download
1. There’s A Bug
Having a bug is the most irritating thing in the world. You can hear Android and iOS users screaming from miles away once an error occurs, especially if they cannot download on Game Pigeon.
Whenever a bug occurs, there are a few things to take into consideration; the first would be to consider that something could be going on with the application or website itself or there is an internal bug with your device.
If there is an internal issue with the developers, this is ultimately out of your hands. But that’s not entirely true.
There are a few methods to utilize if you want to get to the bottom of the issue on your own. Let’s check out a few of those methods to see if they can fix the problem ASAP so you can get back to downloading your favorite games again.
Fix – Log Out Then Back In
Let’s say that you have been consistently logged into the app and have remained logged in since you created the account. And when you attempt to download a game, the download for the game does not go through.
A straightforward resolution for this issue is to log out of your Game Pigeon app and log back in. Although that may seem simple, there isn’t a technical way for you to log out and log back in.
If you are still logged into your Game Pigeon app, to log out of your account, you must simply uninstall the app and install the application again.
There isn’t a specific reason why Game Pigeon doesn’t have a feature where the user can log out and log back in.
This is a quick way for you to reboot Game Pigeon. The good thing about this method is that if you have deleted the app and you had used your previous iCloud information, you can use that same information again for the reset.
Most apps would require you to create and use a new iCloud account when setting back up. For this feature, in particular, you can use the same iCloud information again.
However, if it does not resolve right away, proceed to the next troubleshooting step listed in this article.
Fix 2 – Sign Out, Then Sign Back Into iCloud
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences. Click Apple ID, then click Overview. If you use macOS High Sierra or earlier, click iCloud. Click Sign Out.
When downloading any applications on your iOS device or if your device comes with applications already installed (sometimes the Game Pigeon feature is pre-installed on new iOS devices), your iCloud account is automatically linked to the apps that are on your device.
So, with your iCloud linked to the applications or features, the issues could be caused by your iCloud needed a quick reset.
After signing out of iCloud, sign back in with your iCloud credentials and go back to the Game Pigeon app and attempt a download.
If you are able to download a game from the app, rebooting your iCloud fixed the issue. This is good news! However, if you encounter the issue again or the issue is not resolved, proceed to the next alternative.
Fix 3 – Uninstall and Reinstall the App
Some individuals would consider uninstalling and reinstalling the app a time-consuming process. But this process is quick and simple.
As mentioned in a previous fix, there is no specific mechanism designed for you to log out and log back in.
If you want to reboot the app, you would have to uninstall it and reinstall it. Let’s finally dive into this process.
You can uninstall the application from your Google Play Store or App Store on your iOS device. Or you can uninstall the app from your device settings.
If you are using an Android device, most likely, that device will have to Google Play Store. To uninstall the Game Pigeon app, you will open the Google Play Store and locate the Game Pigeon app under your installed applications.
Next to Game Pigeon, you will see the option to uninstall it. Tap the Uninstall button and allow the application to clear successfully from your device. Once the app has been successfully uninstalled, reinstall the application by tapping the install button.
Once you install the app, it may take a moment for the application to install back to your device. Once the app is installed, you will open the app and log in with your credentials to attempt a download.
To uninstall the application from your device settings, you will go to your settings on your Android device and locate your apps section; once the apps section is open, scroll down until you see Game Pigeon.
Tap on the app in your settings. Once the settings for Game Pigeon are open, you will see the option to uninstall. You will tap uninstall from there. After uninstalling the app, you will go back into your Google Play Store and re-download the app.
You will follow the same procedures for consumers using an iOS device, although you would not have the Google Play Store on your device. You will have the App Store. So, you will go to the App Store to uninstall and re-download or reinstall Game Pigeon on your iOS device.
If you are using an iOS device and want to uninstall the app without going to the App Store, you will press and hold the Game Pigeon app until it starts to wiggle. From there, options will appear, and one of those options would be to uninstall the app.
You will tap uninstall. Once the application is successfully uninstalled, you would go back to your app store and re-download or reinstall the Game Pigeon application on your device.
After logging in and with your credentials on your Android or iOS device, navigate to the Game Pigeon app and attempt a download to see if reinstalling the application resolved the issue.
Fix 4 – Contact Apple Support
Fix 5 – Wait For Them To Come Out With A Fix
Another fix can be time-consuming and result in the consumer being very impatient. That resolution is to wait for the developers on Game Pigeon to be notified of the issue and develop a solution to send out to their consumers.
So, if all else fails and there is nothing else further to do to resolve the issue, some consumers would prefer the latter. Sometimes, it could be because Game Pigeon may be releasing an upcoming update.
Typically for some apps or websites, when there is an upcoming update for its system, some of the functionalities for that application may not be working. Most likely, in this case, Game Pigeon will notify its consumers via email. So be on the lookout and be alert!
2. Poor Internet Connection
If you run into any issues, such as not being able to download anything from Game Pigeon, it is also always important to check your internet connection. If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, try resetting your modem.
Before you reset the modem, ensure to close completely out of Game Pigeon first. Once you are closed out, then proceed with resetting your modem. The reset process may take a couple of minutes.
After the modem is reset and you are connected to your device, jump back into Game Pigeon and attempt a download a game to see if the issue was resolved.
This normally fixes the issue right away. However, if it doesn’t resolve the issue, there are other areas of internet connections to take a peek at.
Fix – Turn Your WI-FI off, Then On
Sometimes, if you are not able to download on Game Pigeon, it could be due to an issue with the personal device that you are using.
If you are connected to Wi-Fi, you need to disconnect from your Wi-Fi signal and reconnect again.
If you are using an Android device, to disconnect from your Wi-Fi signal, you must:
1. On your home screen, take your finger, scroll from the top, and pull down until you see a button bar at the top.
2. You will see buttons for your internet connection, data connection, Bluetooth connection, flashlight, rotation, etc.
3. If you are connected to Wi-Fi, the button for the Wi-Fi connection would be highlighted in a particular color showing that you are connected. The Wi-Fi connection would be named or titled.
4. Tap on the Wi-Fi connection, and the button will no longer be highlighted. Once the highlight disappears, that is a sign that you are not connected to Wi-Fi.
5. Leave the connection off for about 3 to 5 minutes.
6. After 3 to 5 minutes have passed, tap the Wi-Fi button again so the button will highlight again, showing that you are now connected to the Wi-Fi signal.
If you are using an iOS device, to turn off your Wi-Fi connection, you must:
1. From your home screen, go to settings and then tap Wi-Fi.
2. If your Wi-Fi is turned on, tap it to disconnect the signal. The Wi-Fi network would be named in your Wi-Fi settings.
3. Follow the same protocol for waiting 3 to 5 minutes before reconnecting the Wi-Fi signal and then reconnecting the signal once more.
4. Once you have switched your connection, navigate back to Game Pigeon and attempt to download a game.
If you are able to download a game, this is awesome progress! But, if you are not able to download anything, you may want to consider switching out of the Wi-Fi signal and into your phone’s data.
Fix 2 – Switch from WI-FI to Data
If you have turned off your Wi-Fi and switched it back on and there is still no progress, the next option would be to switch from your Wi-Fi signal to your data connection. This step allows you to consolidate the issue to see if the problem is your Wi-Fi connection.
If you are using an Android device, to switch to your data connection, you must:
1. On your home screen, take your finger and swipe from the top of your screen, and pull down until you see buttons for your Wi-Fi, data, flashlight, etc.
2. If your Wi-Fi connection is highlighted, tap the Wi-Fi button so the highlight will disappear, and then tap your data button to switch on your data option.
For individuals using an iOS device, to switch on your data, you must:
- From your home screen, navigate to your settings, then Wi-Fi. If your connection is available, tap the Wi-Fi switch to turn it off.
2. To turn on your data from your settings, if you are already in settings, go to cellular, then turn your cellular data on from that screen.
3. Once connected to your data service, go back to your Game Pigeon app, open it, and log back in. Once logged back in, navigate to Game Pigeon to see if you are able to download.
If you are able to proceed with downloading, that’s wonderful news. However, if you are still having a download issue, you may want to consider the next alternative.
Fix 3 – Turn Off VPN
A VPN provides an encrypted server and highs your IP address from corporations, government agencies, and possible hackers.
If you are connected to a VPN, this may be the cause of why you cannot download on Game pigeon.
If you are connected to a VPN and you are looking to disconnect the VPN, for Android users, you must:
1. Go to your phone’s settings and look for the network and internet or connections menu
2. Tap on VPN and select the VPN profile.
3. Depending on your phone’s manufacturer, you may see a toggle switch, in which case just toggle off the VPN, or if you are prompted with a disconnect button, disconnect the VPN using that button.
To disconnect the VPN for iOS users, you must:
1. Tap the VPN slider near the top of the settings app to disconnect from the VPN. Another way to disconnect from the VPN and the settings you will go under settings, then tap General, and select VPN. To disconnect the VPN, tap the status option at the top of the page and then set it to the off position.
2. Once you have disconnected from your VPN on your Android or iOS device, this should allow both your Wi-Fi and cellular data to have a smoother functionality. In other words, disconnecting the VPN allows less interference when using Game Pigeon.
3. After disconnecting the VPN, log back into your iCloud if you have logged out and navigate back to Game Pigeon and attempt to download. If you are able to proceed with downloading on Game Pigeon, the issue was the VPN you were connected to.
Although VPNs are nifty and handy, you may have to give your VPN the back seat if you are having an issue with downloading.
3. App Store Is Down
Fix – Wait For App Store To Go Back Up
Game Pigeon, just like any other application and website, is connected to a server. Sometimes, when an application or website isn’t working correctly, it is due to the server for that app or website currently being down.
That can be a headache for some consumers. However, the only option to take heed of at that moment is to wait for the Game Pigeon app to come back up.
Usually, suppose there is an internal issue with the app or website; in that case, the app developers will notify consumers via email or text message, notifying them that there is an ongoing issue they are working hard to resolve.
So, if you are having an issue with Game Pigeon not downloading, it’s possible that the server connected to Game pigeon decided to shut down for a little while. So, don’t worry and don’t panic.
Since the server may be down, there is never a set time frame or deadline the system may come back up. So, you can spend your time using other gaming apps or websites to pass the time.
Also, if you are gaming against other people, you can reach out to the other users of the app to see if they are experiencing the same issue. If you are connected with other family and friends on other gaming sites or apps, connect with them on those alternatives.
4. There Are Restrictions on Downloading Apps
Typically, if there are restrictions with downloading apps, this can be caused by the settings on your device rather than the application itself.
So, you may have to make some adjustments to your device settings to have access to download apps and games. You can follow the steps below on how to disable restrictions in your settings for your Apple device.
Fix – Disable Restrictions in Settings
Apple iPhone – Enable / Disable App Restrictions
1. From a Home screen, navigate Settings. General.
2. Tap. Restrictions.
3. Tap. Enable Restrictions. .
4. Enter a restrictions passcode.
5. Re-enter the restrictions passcode.
6. Tap the applicable switch(es) (e.g., Safari, Camera, etc.) to turn on or off.
Once you have disabled the restrictions to download applications, attempt to download using Game Pigeon. If you are able to download games, then you have resolved the issue by lifting the restrictions to download apps in your settings.
5. Incorrect Date and Time
Fix – Correct Date and Time
If you are having an issue with the Game Pigeon app downloading, you may have to readjust the time and date on your person Android or iPhone.
To change the date and time on your Android, you must:
1. On your Android phone, open Settings, then: Android 9 select System > Date and Time. Android 8 select General Management > Date and Time. …
2. Select Set date, then the desired date on the calendar, and tap Done.
3. Select Set time, then set the desired time on the clock, and tap Done.
To change the date and time on your iOS device, you must:
1. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time.
2. Turn off Set Automatically.
3. Now, you can change the time zone or the date and time: Tap Time Zone and enter a city with the time zone that you need. Or tap the date to change the date and time.
Game pigeon is an incredible application that allows users to download and play mini-games all through one application.
And you’re able to share these games with all of your family and friends. But, just like all applications, there are technical difficulties that transpire when using it. However, with technical difficulties, there are always technical resolutions.
If you run into an issue with game pigeon not downloading, there may be a bug with the application.
This means that you would either have to log out and log back in, sign out of your iCloud and sign back in, uninstall the app and then reinstall, or contact Apple for further support and inquiry.
And if all else fails, the issue may be your internet connection. So you may have to follow these technical tips to resolve your internet connection issues. See? There is no need to worry or panic!
This is a fun application that many people want to continue to use. If you wish to continue using this application, to combat any future technical difficulties that may arise, hold on to these useful tips and tricks so you can get back to downloading and playing those fantastic games with Game Pigeon.