A modem is a file for your specific phone and carrier in each region. You will have to look for a list of modems for your device. You can flash the modem on your phone very easily if you have the Odin software.
This software allows you to flash new ROMs and you don’t have to wait for any updates. Below, you will find directions on how to flash a modem on your phone using the Odin software. You may want to be wary of changing anything on your phone and remember that you alter aspects of your phone with the risk of making it not work.
Before you do this, it is suggested that you backup your device or
1. Download the modem that you want to flash. To find the modem that is specific to your phone, carrier, and region. You can find the one that you need to download by doing a Google searching as follows: “[your phone model, carrier, and region] modem download.” You should try Android forums or XDA Developers if they appear in the search results.
2. Download and Install Odin, which is free and the ideal software for flashing Android devices. You will have to extract the file once you open it. The option to extract the file will appear at the top of your file manager once you try to open the download.
3. Put your phone in download mode. Doing this is unique for every device. Usually it includes turning off your phone and pressing a combination of buttons on your device. You may want to search to find out what steps you need to take to put your device in download mode.
4. Use a USB cord to plug your phone into your computer. You can use the USB that you use to charge your phone.
5. Launch Odin on your laptop. You will know which one to double click to open when you look to the right of the file name and see the word “Application.”
6. If you have connected your phone, your device will show up in the row of options with little boxes next to them to the right of the screen. You will need to click on the box that says “Phone” on it.
7. After you click on the “Phone” box, you will need to select the modem file that you previously downloaded.
8. Click Start at the bottom center of the screen once you select the modem file. Don’t touch your phone after you click Start.
9. At the top of the screen are gray squares. In the upper left corner, you will see a square turn green with the word “Pass” in the middle of it if all when right and your phone is done.