iTunes Home Sharing allows you to share and stream your iTunes library over your home network. You can access music, movies, TV shows, Podcasts, and Audiobooks across different devices such as iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and even Apple TV. Lately, few users have reported that their iTunes Home Sharing feature isn’t working properly and there is nothing they can do about it.
Firstly, it is important to understand that this feature depends on many different factors to work properly. If one of these components is not working fine, then your Home Sharing won’t work.
The first factor in this list is your Network. Your Home Sharing won’t work if your network is facing issues. You need to make sure that all your devices sharing the library should be connected to the same Wi-Fi. It is always good to restart your router if your Home Sharing is causing issues. Importantly, the Home Sharing feature doesn’t work if you have enabled VPNs. Make sure none of your devices is using a VPN.
The second component is the Apple ID. Make sure that all your devices are connected to the same Apple ID. You simply can’t share any data if all the devices aren’t on the same Apple ID. To check that, you can.
1. Go to www.icloud.com.
2. Provide your Apple ID credentials to log in.
3. Next, click on the option Settings.
4. Then locate the option My Devices on your Screen. You will be able to see the list of devices that Share this Apple ID.
1. Go to the Settings.
2. Tap on your Apple ID; the first option on your screen.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of your screen. You will be able to see all the devices that share this Apple ID.
Enable Home Sharing on All Your Devices
Importing iTunes library from different devices only works if Home Sharing is enabled on all these devices. If the Home Sharing feature is turned off, you need to turn it on. You can do that by:
1. Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC.
2. Locate and click the option File on the menu bar placed at the top of your screen.
3. Locate the option Home Sharing from the drop-down menu and click on it.
4. Next, click the option Turn on Home Sharing. You may have to provide your login credentials if you aren’t signed in already.
5. A pop-up will inform you that Home Sharing is now on. Simply click OK to that message.
You can use up to five computers on your home network for sharing but they need to be awake with iTunes open on them. iTunes version must be 9 and above.
- Go to the Settings on your device.
- Locate the option Music and tap on it.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your screen and locate the section Home Sharing.
- If you see the option Sign In under this section, tap on it and provide your Apple ID credentials.
- If the Apple ID is already signed in then double check if this ID is same as the other devices.
On Apple TV
1. Choose the option Settings on your screen.
2. Next, choose the option Accounts.
3. Now choose the option iTunes and App Store.
4. Sign in by providing your log in details.
5. Now go back to Accounts.
6. Choose the option Home Sharing.
7. Enable the option Home Sharing.
8. Enter your Apple ID and password if requested again.
Troubleshooting Home Sharing on Mac or PC
If you have enabled the Home Sharing option across all the devices and it still doesn’t work then you may have to find a solution. If you are using iTunes on Mac or PC then you can:
1. Make sure that your Mac/PC is awake with iTunes launched on the screen. iTunes version should be updated to minimum 9.
2. You can relaunch the iTunes. If that doesn’t work then restart the device and then open the iTunes again.
3. Enable iTunes Authorization on your Mac/PC. You can do that by clicking the option Account on the menu bar. Next, click the option Authorization and then finally click the option Authorize this Computer. If your iTunes isn’t showing the menu bar then simply press Control + B on your keyboard.
4. Try disabling your Home Sharing for a minute or so, and enable it back. You can turn it off by clicking the option File on the menu bar. Then click the option Home Sharing and Turn Home Sharing Off. Enable it back via the same process.
5. Double check if your firewall isn’t blocking the Home Sharing. You can check the firewall on the Mac by going into System and Preferences. Then click Security and Privacy to see the Firewall Settings. Edit them to make sure there is no blocking of Home Sharing due to the firewall.
6. You can only use 5 computers (PC and Mac combined) for Home Sharing. If you have already reached the limit and wish to add a new PC/Mac, you will be required to deauthorize one computer before adding a new one.
7. If you are using a Windows PC then make sure your Windows are updated to latest available update. Windows 10 requires regular updates and not ignoring these updates can affect the performance of other software installed on the PC.
Troubleshooting for iPhone/iPad/iPod and Apple TV
1. The first step is to make sure that all these devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi. Double check it before moving on.
2. They also need to be working under the same Apple ID. Any device that has a different Apple ID won’t sync.
3. Restart All the devices. Doing this will refresh up the things. You should also restart the Apple TV as well.
4. If Home Sharing option isn’t available then you can try downloading a movie/video on any of these devices. The Home Sharing feature will automatically popup once the download is complete. This troubleshooting method works for most but not all the users.
5. Disable the Home Sharing across all the devices for 3-5 minutes and then enable them back. This method has paid dividends for many users.
6. Erase All Content and Settings on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. You can do that by tapping on the option General in the Settings of your Device. Then scroll down to the bottom of your screen and locate the option Reset and tap on it. Now tap on the option Erase all Content and Settings. It is necessary to create an iCloud backup before you utilize this method to your advantage.
Additionally, Mac users can also utilize Discovery (previously called Bonjour Browser) to troubleshoot the Bonjour service discovery while iPhone/iPad users can use Discovery for iOS to troubleshoot issues with Home Sharing. Also, whenever you update the iOS, make sure you restart your Wi-Fi router and update its Firmware too. PC users can fancy disabling IPV6 on their device to address this issue.
Home Sharing feature doesn’t create much trouble for its users. It is just that users make marginal errors that affect the settings and as a result, issues like these occur. Every iOS update is improving different feature and settings, and hence it won’t be long until problems like these will be gone once for all.