You probably never think to remember your WI-FI password anytime you want to connect to a network. When your network disconnects, and you have to connect to it again, it can be annoying to have to go to your router and check for the password again.
Even if you want to input the WI-FI password on your phone and you need to find out your network’s password quickly, you can easily find this out on your PC. On Windows 10, there are several ways you can find a saved password – this includes Network connections and Command Prompt.
Find WIFI Password in Network Connections
- Right-click on the WI-FI icon in the taskbar
- Click on Open Network and Internet Settings
- Click on Change adapter options
- Click on your Network > Choose Wireless properties
- Click on the security tab
- Click on Show characters
- Your WI-FI password will be revealed
From here, you can also see your Security type, Encryption type, and Network security key.
Find WI-FI Password with Command Prompt
The next way that you can find a WI-FI password is by using a command prompt.
You can use this method if you want to find out a networks Wi-Fi password that’s out of range or that you’ve connected to in the past.
- Hold down the Windows key + R to open Run
- Type in cmd.exe to open Command Prompt
- Paste this command netsh wlan show profile
- This command shows every WIFI network that you’ve ever connected to with your Windows 10 PC
- To reveal the passwords for a WIFI network, paste this command netsh wlan show profile “NETWORK” key=clear and replace ‘NETWORK’ with the WIFI network you want to find the password for
- Click the Enter to run the command
- Look for Key Content under Security Settings and this is where the WIFI password is