One thing that makes eHarmony stand out is its focus on building genuine connections among its users. Because of this, eHarmony has strict rules and regulations that users must abide to in order to continue enjoying their services.
It is true that most dating sites have their standard terms and conditions but in the case of eHarmony, the terms and conditions are even stricter, and so is their enforcement.
If you are reading this article, it is likely that you have experienced a situation where your profile or the profile of your match is removed for violating terms and conditions. One common theme that I have noticed among users is that they hardly ever know what they may have done wrong to warrant having their profiles removed by eHarmony.
So, in this article I will be taking a deep dive into all the possible reasons why you may see the message that your profile or any other profile for that matter, has been removed for violating terms and conditions. I will also provide ways to reverse this if possible.
Why Does eHarmony Say Profile Removed For Violating Terms and Conditions?
1. You Violated eHarmony Terms and Conditions
The first and most common reason why you may see profile removed for violating terms and conditions on eHarmony is that the profile actually violated eHarmony terms and conditions of use.
So, the big question is, what are these terms and conditions that have been violated and warranted removing the profile? I will provide as much detail as I can about term and condition violations that could warrant having your eHarmony profile removed below.
eHarmony has two main responses to user actions or content that violate their terms and conditions. The responses are:
- Removal of the offending content – This is usually for information and material that you submit to eHarmony or post in the public areas of the eHarmony service.
- Removal of your profile – This is for both information you post publicly and privately to other users. The offence is usually more serious, too
So, if your case is a removal of the profile, there are the possible reasons for this:
2. You Communicated Harmful Material
This is the most serious violation on eHarmony. eHarmony are very serious about making sure that the platform is safe for all users. So, if you communicate content that eHarmony deem to be harmful or potentially harmful, you will get kicked out of the platform, and often without warning. Below are the content that eHarmony think to be the most serious violation of their terms and conditions:
- Information or activity that promotes Racism, bigotry, hatred, physical harm of any kind against any group or individual
- Information or activity that is intended to or tends to abuse, harass, threaten, or intimidate any other users of the eHarmony services
- Information or activity that is defamatory, intentionally inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually charged, or otherwise objectionable or unlawful
- Information that infringes the intellectual property rights of eHarmony or any third-party including copyright in and to content. Examples are music, movies, videos, photographs, images, software, literary works, etc.
- Information that contains video, audio photographs, or images of another person
- Information or activity that promotes or enables illegal or unlawful activities, such as instructions on how to make or buy illegal weapons or drugs, violate someone’s privacy, harm or harass another person, steal someone else’s identity, create or disseminate computer viruses, or circumvent copy-protect devices
- Information that is false or misrepresentative or otherwise intended to defraud, swindle or deceive other users of the services
- Information or activity that promotes or solicits involvements in or support of a political platform, religion, cold, or sect
- information that communicates another person’s personal information without his or her permission, or collects or solicits another person’s personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes
- Information that is meaningless or otherwise intended to annoy or interfere with others enjoyment of eHarmony services
- Information or activity that impersonates or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection or association with any person or entity
- Information or activity that solicits gambling or engages in any gambling or similar activity
- Information or activity that uses scripts, bots or other automated technology to assess eHarmony
- Activity that uses the services for chain letter, junk e-mail or spam emails
- Information or activity that collects or solicits personal information about anyone under the age of 18
- Information that is in any way used for or in connection with spamming, spimming, phishing, trolling, or similar activities
These are the main activities that eHarmony deemed to be harmful for the service or other users
3. You Communicated False Information
Another activity that eHarmony frowns seriously upon, and for which they can remove your profile is when you communicate false information. eHarmony states that you will not provide inaccurate, misleading or false information to the service or to any other user of the service.
If information that you provided to eHarmony or another user subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false, you are obliged to immediately notify eHarmony of such change. Failure to do this when discovered, can get your account removed.
4. You Used eHarmony For Advertising Or Other Commercial Purposes
eHarmony are strongly against using the platform to advertise or solicit any user to buy or sell any products or services on or through the harmony platform. According to eHarmony, you are also not allowed to transmit any chain letters, junk, or spam email or other unsolicited commercial messages, to other users.
Also, you are not allowed to use any information that you obtain from eHarmony platform to contact, advertise, solicit or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent. If you breach this, there may be even a more serious consequence than having your account removed. You may be fined 50 dollars for each unsolicited communication you sent through the services.
Fix – Make Another Account And Do Better
If you have knowingly or unknowingly violated any of these terms, the only option you have is to make a new account and make sure that you do not violate any of the terms that are listed above again.
If eHarmony also blocked your device and you are unable to make a new account, you will have to use another phone or a desktop to create and use a new eHarmony account.
This time, just focus on enjoying the platform and making it enjoyable for your matches. Keep it respectful, kind, legal, personal, private, accurate, and you will have a great experience on eHarmony
5. Users Reported Your Profile
If you are sure that you have not violated any of the terms and conditions above, then another likely scenario is that your profile was reported to eHarmony, probably more than once.
eHarmony encourages its users to report profiles that make them feel harassed or abused. But unfortunately, users take undue advantage of this and report profiles out of spite, vengeance, or just for the sake of it.
When this is the case, you have only one recourse: report to eHarmony.
Fix – Contact eHarmony Support
Go through the terms and conditions listed above again. Make sure that you have not violated any of them. When you’re sure, contact eHarmony support and tell them that you feel that your account has been wrongfully removed for violating terms and conditions.
It is a live chat. They will request your email or any other unique identifier for your account to conduct an investigation.
If they conclude that you did not violate any terms or conditions, you could have your account reinstated.
6. You Have Multiple Accounts
Another common reason for an account being removed on eHarmony for violating terms and conditions, is that you made multiple active accounts.
For example, some users report that they lost access to an account because they could not remember or reset the password, and so they made a new account instead.
eHarmony AI will eventually detect this and when it does, your accounts will all be removed for violating terms and conditions.
So, the lesson is, do not make multiple concurrent accounts. You can only make a new account if your current account is deleted.
Fix – Try Making A New Account
Since both accounts are removed, you could try making a new account and hope that you don’t get kicked out again. You could also contact eHarmony and explain your situation to them.
7. eHarmony AI Error
Accounts on eHarmony have been removed for sending innocent links, making innocent comments about photos, using certain words that the AI took out of context, and many other reasons that we may never get to find out.
I will give you an example. A user stated on his profile that he was grateful for having a job given the fact that his friends were constantly getting laid off. eHarmony AI picked up on “getting laid” and missed the context of the expression. The user was subsequently removed and mailed an explanation.
So, yes, using eHarmony can be a bit like walking on thin ice or eggshells. But if you think it’s worth it, just tread with caution!