Apple provides a brilliant interconnectivity between its devices. For example, if you have an Apple iPhone and a Mac then you can simultaneously access the features and data on both the devices provided that you use the same Apple ID. iCloud sharing and Home Sharing let you access songs, videos, photos, and even iMessage service.
Now if you have purchased apps on iTunes on Mac and want them on your iPhone then it obviously cannot be done over Home Sharing or iCloud sharing. And since you have purchased the app or even songs then you shouldn’t be paying again to get them on your other Apple devices. Well, you don’t have to pay any money as here is how you can download iTunes purchases to your iPhone.
Downloading Purchased Apps on your iPhone
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone.
2. You will be able to see your Account ID picture at the top-right of your screen Tap on it.
3. The first option on your screen would be Purchased. Tap on it.
4. You will be able to see the list of All the Apps you have downloaded (even the deleted ones) on this page.
5. Tap on the option Not on this Phone located at the top-right side of the screen.
6. Now you will be able to see the list of Apps that you have on iTunes but not being downloaded here. They will have a Cloud icon in front of them.
7. Locate the app you want to download on your phone. This list of apps is sorted as most- to least-recent, so you may need to scroll down to find your app.
8. Tap on the Cloud icon to begin the download. You won’t have to pay any money even if the app is Paid Category.
9. Go back to your home screen and launch the app by tapping on it.
Downloading Purchased Songs on your iPhone
1. Launch the iTunes Store on your iPhone. Remember, the iTunes Store is different from both the Music App and App Store.
2. Tap on the option More located at the bottom-right side of the screen.
3. Next, tap on the option Purchased; that would be the third option on the screen.
4. Tap on the option Music; that would be the first option on your screen.
5. Tap on the option Not on this Phone to get access to the songs that are on iTunes but not being downloaded on this iPhone.
6. The list of songs that haven’t been downloaded on your iPhone will have a Cloud icon across them.
7. Tap on this cloud icon for the song (s) you want to download. They will be directly downloaded to the Music App of your iPhone.
8. The word DOWNLOADED will replace the Cloud icon once the song (s) download is complete.
Once done, go back to your home screen and launch the Music App on your iPhone. Now go to the Recently Added Section to see the songs you have just downloaded. They could also be available in the section All Songs too.
This method is also applicable if you desire to fetch videos, podcasts, Movies and TV Shows. All you would need to do is to tap on your desired option after going into the purchased section. Additionally, if you do not see the apps or songs in the purchased section then you might have to double check if they are available on the iTunes or not.