When you install McAfee protection on your PC, you can get a message in Outlook that says McAfee Anti-Spam.
This message can be annoying so I’m going to show you how to remove it in a few easy steps.
Remember that this anti-spam feature is used to filter out junk email from Outlook so if you disable it, you’ll receive junk emails.
If after you feel like the anti-spam feature was benefitting you, you can enable it again.
Remove McAfee Anti-Spam From Outlook
- In Outlook, click on File > Options
- Click on add-ins from the left menu
- Under the Manage drop down at the bottom, choose COM Add-ins
- Click Go
- Uncheck Mcfee Add-In > OK
- The McAfee Anti-Spam tab will be removed from Outlook
McAfee Anti-Spam not Showing
If the McAfee Anti-Spam option isn’t showing, the next option you have is to disable McAfee internet security on your PC.
To disable McAfee internet security:
- Click Start and search for McAfee
- Open McAfee application TotalProtection
- Click on the Security tab
- Click Real-Time scanning > Turn off
- Choose when you want Real Time scanning to resume
That’s how you get rid of the McAfee Anti-Spam tab in Outlook.
If you have any questions, comment down below and I’ll help you out.