The backbone of Facebook is the shared content and thrusting this shared content into the hands of Facebook’s nearly 2.3 billion users where they can easily share them is how Facebook has become one of the biggest place people can share content. People share their content publicly with their friends.
The people who see their posts can interact with it by liking, commenting, or reposting the content if they want to. Businesses and politicians alike have taken to using Facebook just as the typical every day members of society have, giving them unprecedented access to an audience that’ll disseminate and interact with the information that they need spread.
It’s hard to post something on Facebook without it being interacted with. Usually, everyone who follows you will like it, share it, or comment on it. Sometimes you can get annoyed with the comments that people leave. You may have to delete them, which means that you’ll have to deal with the backlash from deleting a comment that someone left on your posts. If you want to avoid this scenario, you can’t completely disable comments on Facebook, but you can decrease the range of people who can comment on what you post on Facebook. Here’s how you do that.
1. Go to Facebook and log into your account.
2. When you log into your account, you’ll be on your News Feed. If you’re on a laptop or desktop, then you’ll have to click on the upside- down triangle in the right upper side of the screen. When you click this, a menu will appear. If you’re using your mobile app, then you’ll have to tap the icon that resembles three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Select Settings from the menu that appeared.
4. Look on the Settings menu for an option that says, “Public Posts.” Select it once you find it. If you’re on the mobile app, it’ll be located under the section titled “Privacy.” If you’re on your laptop, then it’ll be on the left side of the screen midway down the listed options.
5. Under that menu, look at “Public Post Comments.” Click on that option and you’ll see what the setting is currently on. Click on the small box with “Public” in the middle of it with a triangle to the right of it. When you select this, a drop- down menu will appear.
6. From the drop- down menu, select one of the three options. Selecting “Friends” will greatly minimize who can comment on your posts.
This is the most that you can minimize the comments on your posts.