It won’t be wrong to say that the copy-paste is among one of the most underrated features ever. It doesn’t only save a lot of time, but it also provides immunity from writing long paragraphs. Additionally, the ability to copy-paste images is also a necessity these days, and any modern-day device not having this feature will not compel buyers anymore.
iPhone allows you to copy-paste both the texts and images. However, some users find it difficult to do so. No, you don’t have to be a tech-savvy person to understand the procedure. All you need to do is to read and comprehend the process once, and you will be able to perform it every time you need to. Here are the methods to copy-paste on iPhones.
Copy-Pasting the Text:
You will be copying and pasting text much more than the images. So, this is the first thing you need to learn. Here is how.
1. Open the text which you want to copy. It could be from a website or Note section.
2. Now tap-hold on the word from where you want to copy the text. You can also drag the cursor backwards if you have mistakenly tap on the wrong location.
3. Now drag the right-side cursor to highlight the length of sentence/paragraph you want to copy.
4. You can also copy the whole content by tapping the option Select All.
5. Once highlighted, tap on the option Copy. Now, this small menu bar would disappear.
6. Now open the field where you want to paste the content.
7. Tap-hold on the screen and tap the option Paste. You will be able to see the content you copied in this field.
Note: The interface for copying from a text message is a bit different. You would have to tap-hold the text you want to copy. The option Copy would appear at the bottom of your screen (as shown in the image). Tap on it and then simply paste it wherever you want.
Copying and Pasting Images from Apps and Documents:
1. Open the app or document from where you want to copy the picture. For example, open Safari and then open the page where the picture is located.
2. Open the picture and tap-hold on it for 2-3 seconds.
3. A menu would appear on your screen. Tap the option Copy just below the option Save Image. Once copied, the menu would disappear. Remember, some images from websites, apps, or documents can’t be copied.
4. Open the location where you want to paste the pic. Tap hold on the screen for 2-3 seconds and then tap the option Paste. Only paste images in the apps which allow you to paste pictures otherwise the option Paste wouldn’t appear.
Copying Photos from Photos App:
1. Open the Photos App on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the album where your photo is located.
3. Now you will the Share Button at the bottom left of your screen. For iPads, it would be the upper-right corner of the screen. Tap on it.
1. Tapping it will display a menu with various options. Locate and tap the option Copy.
2. Now launch the location where you want to paste the picture. It would be only the apps that allow you to paste the picture. For example, you can open the Mail app, Notes, or Messages.
3. Tap-hold on the screen for 2-3 seconds and then tap the option Paste.
How to Copy and Paste from Your iPhone to Your iPad (Or Vice-Versa):
You may sometime need to copy-paste from one device to another (in between iDevices), and for that, you would need your Handoff feature to be toggled on from the settings. Also, both the iDevices must be using the same Apple ID. Apple’s Handoff feature includes a Universal Clipboard that makes it possible to copy and paste between devices. You can enable Handoff by:
1. Go to the Settings on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the option General.
3. Tap the option Handoff and make sure it is toggled on.