On your iPhone or iPad, there are only a limited number of ringtones you can get and they’re all quite boring. Apple also doesn’t let you download MP3 music from places like YouTube and only restricts you to Apple Music.
Fortunately, your PC allows you to download MP3 music and iTunes can store MP3 files from your PC. Since iTunes can store the MP3 files, your iPhone can sync files from iTunes, and this will allow you to set the converted YouTube video as a ringtone on your iPhone or iPad.
1. Go to the YouTube video. Make sure you’re on the video and it’s playing.
2. Copy and paste the link in the address bar.
3. Paste it into a YouTube to MP3 converter and click Convert. The video will take some time to convert depending on how large the file is.
4. Download the MP3 file from the converter. Make sure to leave the file at the bottom of the browser so you can drag it easily.
5. Open iTunes and drag the MP3 file into Songs.
6. Right click on the MP3 and click Song Info.
7. Select the Options tab and edit the stop duration to 30 seconds. This is the recommended duration limit for ringtone lengths on your iPhone. If you want to make it shorter, or longer, you can.
8. Click File > Convert > Create AAC Version. File is in the top left of iTunes and Create AAC Version is in the Convert menu.
9. Right-click the song and click Show in Windows Explorer. If you have a Mac, you should click Show in Finder.
10. Right-click the file in File Explorer and Rename the extension from .m4a to .m4r. Click Yes to confirm. If you can’t see the file extension, go to View > check File name extensions.
11. Connect your iPhone to the PC and wait for it to sync.
12. Click on Tones in the left pane.
11. Drag the .m4r file in File Explorer into Tones.
12. Go to Settings on your iPhone.
13. Click Sounds & Haptipc > Ringtones.
14. Click the song from Tones in iTunes. If the sync between your iPhone and iTunes was successful, you should see the downloaded YouTube song here in Ringtones on your iPhone.