If you are trying to determine if the Skullcandy Crusher headphones are the right choice for your gaming experience, read on.
Down below is a step-by-step guide on how to use your Skullcandy Crusher headphones with your Xbox One.
Can You Connect Skullcandy Crusher Headphones to Xbox One?
Yes, you can connect Skullcandy Crusher Headphones to your Xbox One device. Keep in mind, however, that Skullcandy Crusher Headphones are designed to be used with various forms of technology, so they are not specifically exclusive to an Xbox One.
If you want to connect your Skullcandy Crusher Headphones to your Xbox One, there are a few steps you will need to take as well as materials that you will need.
The methods discussed below will depend upon whether you are using the wired version of the Skullcandy Crusher Headphones or the wireless version of the Skullcandy Crusher headphones.
Both versions of the headphone will work, but the steps needed to be taken will be different.
The required tools you will need to connect your Skullcandy Crusher Headphones will vary dependent upon which version of the headphones you have.
Method 1 – Using Wired Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with an Xbox One
1. A Pair of Wired Skullcandy Crusher Headphones
2. An Xbox One
3. An Xbox One controller with a compatible, working 3.5mm audio jack
Method 2- Using Wireless Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with an Xbox One
1. A Pair of Wireless Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with Bluetooth Capability
2. An Xbox One
3. A Bluetooth Transmitter or a Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver
4. The Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter
How to Connect Skullcandy Crusher Headphones to Xbox One
Connecting your Skullcandy Crusher Headphones to your Xbox Ones is simple no matter which version of the headphones you own; however, the instructions can change and are dependent upon whether they are wired or wireless headphones.
Method 1 – Using Wired Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with an Xbox One
This method will allow you to use your wired Skullcandy Crusher headphones with an Xbox One, but it only works if your headphones have a 3.5mm jack.
This is the standard audio jack, and will be the probable jack attached to your headphones so they can work with multiple devices.
To connect your wired, Skullcandy Crusher headphones to an Xbox One, follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Make sure that your Xbox One is powered on.
Step 2: Power on your Xbox One controller.
Step 3: Locate the 3.5mm audio input on the Xbox One controller. It is a small hole that you will find on the bottom of your controller, next to the charging port.
Step 4: Plug your Skullcandy Crusher headphone’s audio jack into the port on the controller. Once plugged in, your Xbox One will automatically recognize that a headset has been attached, as well as whether or not your headset includes a microphone.
Because the Skullcandy Crusher headphones have a microphone built in, you will now be able to use both of these features.
Step 5: Press the Xbox button on your Xbox One controller to access the guide.
Step 6: Using your controller, move down towards the bottom of the guide and select the “Audio & Music” option.
Step 7: On the “Audio & Music” screen, adjust any features that you need to, including the volume level, the chat mixer feature, and the mic monitoring option.
Step 8: Exit out of the guide entirely and resume normal gameplay.
Method 2 – Using Wired Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with an Xbox One
Occasionally you will find that wireless headphones will be unable to connect with an Xbox One using a Bluetooth connection.
This is actually because Microsoft, the creator of the Xbox consoles, has its own form of wireless technology that works with certain types of headphones.
When using the selected headphones, the connection is very straightforward; however, Skullcandy does not currently produce a headphone that falls into this criteria. Try the instructions below to see if it works for you:
To connect your wireless, Skullcandy Crusher headphones to an Xbox One, follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Start by making sure that your Xbox One has the more recent firmware installed. To do this:
1. Power on your Xbox and make sure that you are connected to the internet.
2. Press the Xbox button on your Xbox one controller.
3. Find and choose the “Profiles & System” menu.
4. Select “Settings”
5. Select “System”
6. Choose “Updates”
You will now see one of two possible results. The first option will say “No Console Update Available”, which means that your firmware is up-to-date and you can proceed.
The second possible option will say “Console Update Available”. If this is the message you encounter, you will need to proceed with a console update and then proceed to the next step.
Step 2: If your console turned off after the update, power it back on. Otherwise, go to your “Settings” menu.
Step 3: Power on your wireless Skullcandy Crusher headphones.
Step 4: Choose the “Devices and Accessories” option.
Step 5: Select the “Bluetooth Devices” option.
Step 6: Choose the “Add a Device” option.
Step 7: Select “Scan for Devices”.
If all goes well, your headphones will appear and you can connect them. Then, leave the settings menu entirely and resume normal gameplay.
Method 3 – Using Wired Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with an Xbox One and a Bluetooth Transmitter or a Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver
If Method 2 above did not allow your wireless headphones to connect, it could be because the wireless Skullcandy Crusher headphones are not compatible with the wireless connections allowed by Xbox in regards to Microsoft approved headsets.
Microsoft created Xbox Wireless, which is similar to Bluetooth but only works with certain headsets.
You can circumvent the issue of your wireless Skullcandy Crusher headphones not connecting to your Xbox One through Bluetooth by using a Bluetooth transmitter or a Bluetooth transmitter and receiver that is plugged into one of the ports on your Xbox One.
Keep in mind that if you do have to use a Bluetooth transmitter, you will be unable to participate in Xbox parties and be able to speak and be heard.
Instead, you will only be able to hear what the other party members are saying as well as the sounds and music associated with gameplay.
If you use a Bluetooth transmitter and receiver, you will not only be able to hear everything but also able to use the microphone feature on your Skullcandy Crusher headphones.
To connect your wireless Skullcandy Crusher headphones to an Xbox One by using a Bluetooth transmitter or a Bluetooth transmitter and receiver, follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Plug in your Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter into your Xbox.
Step 2: Plug your Bluetooth transmitter or your Bluetooth transmitter and receiver into the audio port on the bottom of your Xbox One controller using the 3.5mm wire attached to the headset adapter.
Step 3: Power on your Xbox One controller by pressing the Xbox button on the controller.
Step 4: Turn on your wireless Skullcandy Crusher headphones. The headphones should pair to your Bluetooth transmitter.
Step 5: Power your Xbox one and go to the “Settings” menu.
Step 6: Choose the “Devices and Accessories” option.
Step 7: Select the “Bluetooth Devices” option.
Step 8: Choose the “Add a Device” option.
Step 9: Select “Scan for Devices”.
Step 10: Once the headphones are connected to your transmitter, you will be able to hear through them. If you choose the transmitter and receiver option, you will be able to hear and use the microphone feature of your Skullcandy Crusher headphones. Exit out of the settings menu entirely and resume your gameplay.
Skullcandy Crusher Headphones Won’t Connect to Xbox One? Try This
Connecting your Skullcandy Crusher headphones to your Xbox One is a rather straightforward process, provided that you accurately follow the steps outlined for you above regarding how to connect them.
There are, however, time where you may experience problems regarding connecting your headphones to your Xbox One, or the connection is complete but keeps going in and out and makes it difficult to hear.
If you have tried to connect your Skullcandy Crusher headphones to your Xbox One and keep finding that you are unable to either create a connection or maintain a connection, examine some of the troubleshooting tips below and see if they resolve your problem:
1. Check the Skullcandy Crusher Headphone’s Volume Level
If you have connected your Skullcandy Crusher headphones to your Xbox One through either a wireless or wired method but find that you are still unable to hear anything, it could be due to volume not being turned up enough.
It is the most obvious reason you are unable to hear, but sometimes the most obvious answer is the correct one.
Your Skullcandy Crusher headphones are equipped with both external volume controls as well as the ability to be adjusted through your Xbox One’s settings page if you access the “Audio & Music” screen.
Whenever you have connected, or think that you have connected, your headset to your Xbox One, you need to check the volume levels for both the headphones and within your settings.
To adjust the volume of your Skullcandy Crusher headphones, press the “+” or “-“ button on the headphones. The “+” sign will increase your volume, while the “-“ sign will decrease the volume.
Depending on where the volume is currently set, you may need to press the “+” button numerous times to adequately increase your headset’s volume level.
To adjust the volume settings for your headphones through Xbox’s platform, follow these instructions:
- Power on your Xbox One and your Xbox One controller.
2. Go to your Xbox One’s settings page.
3. Scroll down toward the bottom and locate the “Audio and Music” option.
4. Select this option and then adjust the volume settings within the Xbox One platform.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
In order for all of the features of an Xbox One to function properly, a quality internet connection is a necessity.
In order for accessories to function properly, including anything connected to your console via Bluetooth, you will need at least a 5GHz router frequency for a wireless connection or have your Xbox directly connected to your home’s modem.
Depending on how many wireless devices are running off of your home’s Wi-Fi, you may find that the connection is not stable enough to support your Xbox One and your headphone’s abilities and functionality will suffer as a result.
Most home routers are equipped with a dual band that consists of both a 2.4GHz router frequency.
These can reach a larger area and is more accessible from anywhere in your home, and a 5GHz router frequency is more tuned to downloading and running different devices and conducting downloads.
The 5GHz option is what will be needed to maintain a headset that is connected to an Xbox One through Bluetooth features.
If your system is connected to the 2.4GHz router frequency instead of the 5GHz option, you will need to change the Wi-Fi network to your 5GHz option.
Though the specific instructions to do this will vary upon what type of router your home uses, below you will find a general guideline for how to change your Wi-Fi’s frequency:
1. Plug your PC into your router directly using an Ethernet cable.
2. Enter the router’s IP address into your preferred web browser and search, or hit “Enter”. If you do not know your router’s IP address, you can access it inside of your router’s manual; however, if you no longer have access to the manual, you can do the following:
3. On your PC, locate the Windows button on your taskbar.
4. Type in “Control Panel” into the search bar and press “Enter”.
5. Choose the “Network and Internet” option, and then the “View Network Status” option.
6. Locate and select the name of your Wi-Fi’s network.
7. A new window will appear with different options. Find and click “Details”.
8. Within the information that appears, locate the “IPv4 Default Gateway” section. The numbers here are your network’s IP address.
9. Highlight, copy, and paste the IP address into your web browser, press enter, and proceed to the next step.
10. Your screen will show a box where you will need to log in using the Admin’s username and password.
If you have your router’s manual, the information is inside. If you do not have access to the manual, you can use a web tool like Router Passwords to search for your router’s default Admin log in credentials.
11. Once you are logged in to the Admin panel, you will be on the configuration page. Locate the “Wireless” or “Wi-Fi” section.
12. Select the section, find the 2.4GHz option, and turn it off by clicking on the switch next to it. If you do not see this, check within the “Advanced Settings” area.
3. Check Your Cable Connections
Whether you are trying to connect your Skullcandy Crasher headphones wirelessly or through a wired connection, you will find that there are still cables required for everything to function properly.
If the problem with your headphones’ connection is no audio, minimal audio output, or periodic audio disconnections, it could be that your connection is not “firm”, or the cable connections are not properly established.
To check the cable connections, perform the following steps:
1. Make sure that your headphones, your Xbox One, and your Xbox One controller are all powered on.
2. One by one, examine each cord that you have plugged in. What is plugged in will vary on which set of headphones you are using as well as what extra tools you had to use to form the connection.
3. Unplug and then carefully plug back in each of the following, as they apply to your connection:
a. The audio jack that connects your wired headphones to your Xbox One controller.
b. The Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter plugged into your Xbox One’s USB port, if using a wireless setup.
c. The Bluetooth transmitter or Bluetooth transmitter and receiver device, which should be plugged into your Xbox One’s controller through the audio port on the bottom next to the charging port.
4. Restart Your Headphones
If your Skullcandy Crusher headphones were working but are no longer cooperating with your Xbox One, it could be due to a problem with the headphones themselves.
Whether it be a connection that was interrupted or the potential Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter and Bluetooth transmitter connection, restarting your headphones could be the solution.
To power off your Skullcandy Crusher headphones, hold the main function button down for about 3 seconds.
To power them back on, hold down the main function button again for 3 seconds. The LED light will flash with a particular color, depending on what you are trying to do.
If the LED light is flashing the color purple, it tells you that the headphones are turning on.
If the LED light is flashing the color blue, it means that the headphones attempting to pair through Bluetooth.
If the LED light is flashing the color red, it means that the headphones are unable to be paired.
Once the Skullcandy Crusher headphones have been turned off and back on, they should pair with the Bluetooth adapter.
If that does not work, you can also try to unplug the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter from its current USB port and plug it back in to a different port.
If the port that it is currently plugged in to has an inadequate power supply or is experiencing a glitch of some form, it will not supply enough power to the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter and will prevent your headphones from connecting.
Best Alternative Bluetooth Headphones For Xbox One
An Xbox One will not always cooperate with Skullcandy Crush headphones because these particular headphones utilize Bluetooth connections to work wirelessly, and Xbox One has its own connection service through Xbox Wireless.
This means that any headphones that you purchase to use with your Xbox One will not necessarily cooperate unless you go through the process of troubleshooting.
To avoid these steps, upgrade your headphones to a pair that is compatible with Xbox’s Wireless software. The right pair of headphones can drastically improve your gaming experience. Below, you will find some recommendations:
Option 1 – SteelSeries Arctic 9X
The Steelseries Arctic 9X (view on Amazon) headset is specifically designed to work wirelessly with your Xbox One. It boasts some impressive features, and though a little pricey, it will definitely enhance your gaming experience.
1. Designed to work wirelessly with the Xbox One
2. Impressive battery life
3. Rich and clear audio
4. Comfortable, lightweight, over the ear design
5. Includes a microphone feature
6. Works with newer Xbox consoles like the Xbox series XIS, so you won’t have to upgrade your headphones if you choose to upgrade your console.
1. Comes with 40mm drivers, which are smaller than the average headset’s audio jack capabilities.
2. More expensive than other available options. They cost about $200, though they are currently marked down on Amazon for $159.
Option 2 – Corsair HS35
The Corsair HS35 (view on Amazon) is a great, less expensive headset option to use with your Xbox One. If you are looking to save money or are purchasing a headset for a child, these could do the job without breaking the bank.
1. Great value for the price. These headphones are normally $50 but are currently listed at $39.99 on Amazon
2. Fairly high-quality sound
3. Comes with a detachable microphone feature
4. Sturdy, comfortable, over-the-ear design
1. Does not include some of the extra features found on more expensive options
2. Only provides a stereo sound feature
Option 3 – Microsoft Xbox Wireless Headset
Microsoft’s Xbox Wireless Headset (view on Amazon) is a sure thing if you looking for a pair of headphones that you know will work with your Xbox One without having to go through frequent troubleshooting steps.
1. High-quality bass and surround sound features for a quality gaming experience
2. Affordable for the features at about $84
3. Clear microphone for multiplayer playing and joining parties
4. Compatible with all recent Xbox consoles, including the Xbox One as well as the Xbox Series XIS
5. Available in both a wireless and wired format, so if you prefer a wired version, you can still use this set
1. Sometimes the microphone leaves a little to be desired; conversations can be garbled
2. Headset is somewhat adjustable, but if you have a larger head, you might find wearing them for extended periods of time to be uncomfortable